Is there any need?

Have questions or comments about the site?
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Is there any need?

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

I have seen comments from both this forum and The Discourse recently which I personally don't think are constructive for anyone. (Mainly aimed at each other - to be clear)

Is there really any need? The internet is a big place and there's more than enough room for both (and the other playing card forums).

I do feel that I enjoy UC more, but that's because I see slightly less comments like this, but I think if the issue grows it will end up putting up potential new visitors. Something I personally think already happens at The Discourse.

I appreciate that everyone is entitled to an opinion but I feel like there are comments spilling over into more and more threads now, which is a shame.
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
Russell

Re: Is there any need?

Unread post by Russell »

I agree, the internet is big enough for everyone to exist. Let's not bash people or places, just ignore them and move on.

Constructive criticism is the best way to show displeasure with anything.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Removed due to me misunderstanding.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

JP

To add to what Russell wrote.. It is true that sometimes comments are written that seem blunt and derogatory but in the end what makes a forum great is freedom of expression and opinion for everyone. Now we do have rules as far as being insulting directly to a person, use of profanity, etc etc but in the end each person has the right to express himself as you know. We have many moderators that oversee the forums for inappropriate stuff and to ensure a great environment for our community
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

badpete69 wrote:JP

To add to what Russell wrote.. It is true that sometimes comments are written that seem blunt and derogatory but in the end what makes a forum great is freedom of expression and opinion for everyone. Now we do have rules as far as being insulting directly to a person, use of profanity, etc etc but in the end each person has the right to express himself as you know. We have many moderators that oversee the forums for inappropriate stuff and to ensure a great environment for our community
I've edited my OP to reflect that I am referring to the comments which cause friction between this forum and The Discourse. It doesn't do either forum any good in my opinion. I do take your point about freedom of expression which is fine but when it descends into constant negativity about each other it's a bit off-putting. I appreciate not everyone will agree with me.
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

Your point is well taken. I have no problem with the discourse as a whole. When this
site was down I checked out a few playing card forums which I did not even know existed.
I have been mouthing off a bit about the creator of the VORTEX DECK at the moment only
because I saw he was still spamming about me at the discourse. Also he spoke a lot of trash
about CBJ which was uncalled for. I know this shall blow over soon. I had actually forgotten
about his scams for a while and soon enough I will let it go again.
It would be silly to bash an entire forum due to one person. I think having multiple forums on
similar subjects is of benefit and can increase membership on all sides. I have directed a number of people to this forum while I troll the E forum. At the discourse I have actually only seen Alex
speaking negativley about UC. I think that is born out of his insecurity. I do not think anyone here
wishes bad on Discourse. I do not even wish anything bad on Alex I just want him to refund
the numerous people he stole from (including three friends of mine). In the end I think any true negative banter will dissipate and the rest will just be the poor humour that some of you(me) exhibit.