Who's happy UC is back up ???

Have questions or comments about the site?
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Who's happy UC is back up ???

Unread post by CBJ »

I know I am!!!!!!!!

But.. If you are coming across any glitches or issues.. please let us know immediately

Thanks

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Evan

Re: __________ Who's happy UC is back up ???

Unread post by Evan »

Very happy!
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Jay fix your avatar hehe I hate broken links
Magic_Orthodoxy
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

I'm brand new... but I am still just as excited you're back!
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

badpete69 wrote:Jay fix your avatar hehe I hate broken links
Most of us have/had broken avatars.

I know Adam and I are glad Mike stepped up. I can't wait to see all the new news and posts! It's good to be back.
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

Russell wrote:
badpete69 wrote:Jay fix your avatar hehe I hate broken links
Most of us have/had broken avatars.

I know Adam and I are glad Mike stepped up. I can't wait to see all the new news and posts! It's good to be back.
I can't seem to find the new avatar you made for me... so I have to use the old one :(

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

I know I am sure glad it's back up... had to go to less, shall we say, reputable places for my fix. ;)

I did run into a small issue where the system kept asking me to login over and over. I'll let you know if it happens... so who are the administrators? Same?
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

MJF wrote:I know I am sure glad it's back up... had to go to less, shall we say, reputable places for my fix. ;)

I did run into a small issue where the system kept asking me to login over and over. I'll let you know if it happens... so who are the administrators? Same?
The Team

http://www.unitedcardists.com/memberlis ... de=leaders" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CBJ

BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

MJF wrote:I know I am sure glad it's back up... had to go to less, shall we say, reputable places for my fix. ;)

Same mods and I am the admin.

Thanks!
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Cool! Thanks for stepping up to the plate Mike! :mrgreen:
Modi

Unread post by Modi »

Awesome that your back. It just seems more laid back here.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

Happy for my habit. :)
Sad for my wallet. :(
Can't believe I show up as still logged in. :shock:
No matter where you go... there you are :|
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

Sorry if it seems like I'm making a million posts.

I'm trying to get things updated. After being down for 20 days.. there's a lot to update

NEW PEOPLE -- I don't normally post this much

Be patient

CBJ
CBJ

SavageJ

Unread post by SavageJ »

I am glad. I don't know the history between UC and the other forum (or forum owner) but clearly a difference in "feeling" here... Amazing what freedom and free speech feel like. Obviously there is "censorship" in all forums, but it seemed a little aggressive at times. I did enjoy those disappearing posts, made for good fun... And a smile.

That being said, far more card info here and a better crowd (I think anyways).... Would be curious what the cost for hosting this site is... Would hate to see another blackout. ;)

(Sarcasm) CBJ - no excuse for the multiple posts, please consolidate them in a single post.... BTW double posting has no place on Internet forums! You are just manipulating the "points system". :roll:
dazzleguts
White Whale: Das Kartenspiel Des Oberdeutsc
Decks Owned: 885

Unread post by dazzleguts »

Damn! I was getting so much more done in my life.
Worldwide Time Machine

"Cards from far off lands and bygone days!"
lumpyliew

Unread post by lumpyliew »

Great news that its backed up ! Thanks Mikey!
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

SavageJ wrote:
(Sarcasm) CBJ - no excuse for the multiple posts, please consolidate them in a single post.... BTW double posting has no place on Internet forums! You are just manipulating the "points system". :roll:

I'm just trying to increase my UC ranking! I just want the UC Super-duper-Ruler-Of-The-World-Amazing poster status.... maybe some day

Jay
CBJ

BMPokerworld

SavageJ wrote:I am glad. I don't know the history between UC and the other forum (or forum owner) but clearly a difference in "feeling" here... Amazing what freedom and free speech feel like. Obviously there is "censorship" in all forums, but it seemed a little aggressive at times. I did enjoy those disappearing posts, made for good fun... And a smile.

That being said, far more card info here and a better crowd (I think anyways).... Would be curious what the cost for hosting this site is... Would hate to see another blackout. ;)

I don't think another blackout is going to happen because of lack of funds to upgrade. Everything has been paid for already for 1 year with an automatic renewal. The only think not paid for yet is the time it took to get the site up and running because it was just completed last night and the cost, if any, to maintain our VPS server.

The reason the other site went down was because the forum was hosted using traditional hosting services. The traditional hosting services were unable to handle all the traffic, particularly in CPU usage. The difference between VPS server hosting and traditional hosting is how many people use each server. With traditional hosting, say 25 people may have their website hosted on one server. With VPS server that number drops down to say, 10. That means each company has more computing power, for lack of a better example, than they would if 25 people were using it.

The main difference besides cost and available usage between the 2 different types of hosting is with VPS server hosting, you need to do your own server maintenance where as with traditional hosting, they do the maintenance for you.

They reason UC use to get server errors and was finally shut down was do to CPU usage. Under the old plan, the forum was allowed to use 250 GHZ, which wasn't enough to run the site. We now have 4 1/2 times that amount available to us and if necessary, we can always upgrade to a bigger VPS server, for a nominal increase in cost.

So if there was a problem and the site went down, it would have nothing to do with money. I hope this explanation alleviates any concerns you may have had about the previous problems reoccurring.

Thanks!
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: Who's happy UC is back up ???

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

Fair play to you for the work needed in getting UC back online, I had my doubts it was coming back - but the longer it was down the more it was missed.
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
jriffel

Unread post by jriffel »

I was starting to go through withdrawls! I have to admit (with much shame)I went over the Alex's site to look around. I know that I must pay for my sin. Thank you again, Mike for taking this over !!!! If the cost becomes a business burden, I will be willing to go with some sort of paid subscription to keep this site functioning. Really. I'm sure there are many others that feel this same way. This site is so much better than other forums. It is worth it. And also, Jay, thank you for working so hard on this site and the ancestors !! I appreciate your work and that you don't seem to have an adgenda like other sites. (Does it show why I don't frequent that other "unnamed" site?)

You guys are the best.

P.S. Mike, it would be helpful to a lot of us if you would post quick links to your blog and sales pages on the banner. There have to be benefits to running this furum :lol: .
BMPokerworld

I know that I must pay for my sin.

Please say 3 Hail Mary's and no TV for a week!!!!

Thanks for your kind words and support!!!

Mike
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Happy to see this site is back and in good hands, much thanks to Mike for stepping up the way he did. I guess not all Yankee fans are too bad. :o Let me know if I can help out in any way!
BMPokerworld

sinjin7 wrote:Happy to see this site is back and in good hands, much thanks to Mike for stepping up the way he did. I guess not all Yankee fans are too bad. :o Let me know if I can help out in any way!

Well, it would be greatly appreciated if you could switch your allegiance to the Yankees!!!

Thanks!
elcyciB

Unread post by elcyciB »

COUNT ME IN! really wasn't looking forward to have to join the other forum
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Happy? HAPPY!? When I saw it was down I was like this:
Image Image Image

And when I found it was back up again I was like this:
Image Image Image
jriffel wrote:I was starting to go through withdrawls!
You and me both, brother!
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Eyeball

Unread post by Eyeball »

Big thanks to Mike for stepping up on this one! I am so glad this forum is back up, no offense to aether but this forum just feels so much more relaxed and unfiltered. I was getting tired of all the deleted posts and over-moderation. Plus it didn't seem like Mike or Jay were able to post basically anything without being attacked. Both your guy's input is always informative and helpful and I hated that you guys couldn't chime in as much over at Aether. Honestly without this forum I was debating on giving up collecting for a while until another good community popped up, so happy that you guys are back :D.
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

Eyeball wrote:Big thanks to Mike for stepping up on this one! I am so glad this forum is back up, no offense to aether but this forum just feels so much more relaxed and unfiltered. I was getting tired of all the deleted posts and over-moderation. Plus it didn't seem like Mike or Jay were able to post basically anything without being attacked. Both your guy's input is always informative and helpful and I hated that you guys couldn't chime in as much over at Aether. Honestly without this forum I was debating on giving up collecting for a while until another good community popped up, so happy that you guys are back :D.

It's good to be back!

plus you're right... Mike and I would normally gets attacked.. or the posts would get altered/deleted/moved... but oh well... life goes on!

Jay
CBJ

BMPokerworld

Eyeball wrote:Big thanks to Mike for stepping up on this one! I am so glad this forum is back up, no offense to aether but this forum just feels so much more relaxed and unfiltered. I was getting tired of all the deleted posts and over-moderation. Plus it didn't seem like Mike or Jay were able to post basically anything without being attacked. Both your guy's input is always informative and helpful and I hated that you guys couldn't chime in as much over at Aether. Honestly without this forum I was debating on giving up collecting for a while until another good community popped up, so happy that you guys are back :D.

Glad you came back!!! I appreciate all your kind words and our team is going to do everything possible to make UC as warm and inviting as possible.

Thanks!
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Yeah, you guys have a much more enjoyable moderation technique than is used over at "the other site"... I was going to start using it, but after watching CBJ getting attacked by the owner in a very unprofessional and childish way, it just turned me off of that site and I stopped browsing cardistry sites all together.

GLAD THIS IS BACK

Thanks Mike and crew!!! :mrgreen:
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

MJF wrote:Yeah, you guys have a much more enjoyable moderation technique than is used over at "the other site"... I was going to start using it, but after watching CBJ getting attacked by the owner in a very unprofessional and childish way, it just turned me off of that site and I stopped browsing cardistry sites all together.

GLAD THIS IS BACK

Thanks Mike and crew!!! :mrgreen:
It is rather sad the way things are being handled over there. but yes, we have UC back!