Shogun Playing Cards

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
nur1988

Re: Shogun Playing Cards

Unread post by nur1988 »

flashcards wrote:I'm sorry but at first glance, the red background on the QoD looked like blood splatter to me. I immediately looked for a sword to she if she committed sepuku. The QoH is not as bad although the splatter her waist looks like someone just missed with a paintball round. I'm sure you can fix these easily.
The background on each card is the same. Rather than doing an individual design for each card, we did four designs, one for each suit. Once altogether, you'll be able to see that throughout
RichK
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

nur1988 wrote:
flashcards wrote:I'm sorry but at first glance, the red background on the QoD looked like blood splatter to me. I immediately looked for a sword to she if she committed sepuku. The QoH is not as bad although the splatter her waist looks like someone just missed with a paintball round. I'm sure you can fix these easily.
The background on each card is the same. Rather than doing an individual design for each card, we did four designs, one for each suit. Once altogether, you'll be able to see that throughout
Queens look nice besides the blood splatter and odd splotches on the D + H background. Is there a reason for such odd color design on the background?
Move on, nothing to see here.
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

It's been a rollercoaster of a ride with this one. There's been alot of ups and down and some tweaks. I can say, we are 95% completed and plan to go live early next year.
Looking to go live before the blossoming season hits Japan, so when/if the project becomes successful, most will receive it by then.

I am looking for some assistance.
I am in need of someone who does cardistry, in the birmingham, uk area. If anyone knows any, please send them my way.

It won't be paid, but I will do a shoutout on our KS page and you get to keep one of the Shogun prototype decks.
Drop me a PM with your contact details.

Cheers guys
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

I joined this forum and started collecting cards in probably early September, so this is the first time I have seen this thread. I love what you have shown of this deck! You'll likely have a buyer here.

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

Hey STLBluesNut. I appreciate the support, means a lot.
I certainly want to make this one of the greater hand drawn decks to be released :)
chicken_ql

Unread post by chicken_ql »

Gosh, your art is fantastic! However, The face on the Jack of Spades is a bit pale and looks kinda like a mask which I don't really like. But will definitely back this when it comes out :)!
caniveski
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Bicycle Burton
Decks Owned: 800

Unread post by caniveski »

cant wait to see these turn into reality, hopefully getting close, these are right up my street : )