Feedback on custom alien themed deck

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!

Re: Feedback on custom alien themed deck

Unread postby DanFeldmeier » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:39 pm  

I've made some updates to my Kickstarter and believe I've taken care of most of my grammatical issues. I'm still finalizing images and working on the video, but I figured I'd see if anyone has any new feedback/suggestions on my updated campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2127474916/1148968627?token=3ee8c4d8
DanFeldmeier
Deck Artist
Novice
Novice

Unread postby DanFeldmeier » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:05 pm  

DanFeldmeier
Deck Artist
Novice
Novice

Unread postby DanFeldmeier » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:41 pm  

Just a reminder to everyone in case you missed it, my Kickstarter for Alien Empires is live! :D
DanFeldmeier
Deck Artist
Novice
Novice

Unread postby DanFeldmeier » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:34 am  

So I've decided to cancel my Kickstarter for the time being. I believe I rushed into launching it despite not having taken all the steps necessary to ensure it had enough publicity. I haven't been able to focus on updates either due to having multiple conventions, helping my roommate get ready to move, and having to get myself ready to move as well.

I will definitely be relaunching Alien Empires when things settle down, which will hopefully be the end of April or beginning of May.

On that note, I'd also like to thank you all for your support, both for backing the project and for helping spread the word of Alien Empires, I truly appreciate y'all's support :)
DanFeldmeier
Deck Artist
Novice
Novice

Unread postby flashcards » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:45 am  

Dan, don't forget that you had a high funding goal because you chose to go with a printer know for their reputation and quality with a high minimum order. A lot of the decks that fund quickly have a ridiculously low goal because use a crappy unknown printer. It's easy for them to get funded but the end product is only mediocre. I still think you made the right decision and that, with a few tweaks, your project will succeed. Remember, many projects succeeded only after several failed attempts. Hang in there. And be sure to stay active with UC. You never know what you might pick up by hanging around here (no pun intended- you should be ashamed of yourself).
flashcards
Veteran
Veteran

Unread postby DanFeldmeier » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:12 am  

I thought about the quality vs. price point but I agree, I'd rather have a higher goal and more expensive product than a cheaper, lower quality product that's easily funded. I'm going to spend the next month researching the best ways to spread the word/advertise the product. I've also got a couple friends who'll be helping with a press release and contacts, which is something I know nothing about. I'm confident I've got a good product and have gotten nothing but positive responses to the prototype deck, it's just figuring out how to get the word to as many people who want a deck filled with weird aliens.
DanFeldmeier
Deck Artist
Novice
Novice

Unread postby DanFeldmeier » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:45 pm  

Been a while since I was on here, life's been, well, life. Looking to get back into the swing of things and will hopefully be relaunching my Kickstarter now that things have settled down a bit.

Oh, and any advice on how to promote my cards would be awesomely appreciated. I've reached out to Kardify (though very recently so I'm sure it may be a bit before a response is received). Any other avenues y'all can think of would be super appreciated!

Thanks again for all the advice and feedback as well!
DanFeldmeier
Deck Artist
Novice
Novice

Previous

Return to Custom Deck Drafting Board