Deck prototyping discount UC member benefit (by MPC)

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!

Deck prototyping discount UC member benefit (by MPC)

Unread postby Mike Ratledge » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:42 am  

Anyone who uses UC can use my MPC discount codes, now.

The 20% code is intended to provide a 20% discount for prototypes - up to 17 until prices change, I believe. Use the code MIKEMPC20 during checkout to get the 20% off orders up to $300 total before shipping & other fees.

At this point, I do enough of these prototype decks to get my own 10% discount off even their best discounts for all orders - use MIKEMPC10 at checkout for that discount. It should work for all orders, but specifically for $300.01+ totals.

They have to be renewed every six months, but I have had the first one for 2 1/2 years now. I expect that they will be renewed every six months, but please let me know if you have any questions or problems by PM or email me mratledge@aol.com
>Mike<

"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
Moderating in moderation...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!


Dondorf "Hundertjahrkarte" (1933)
restoration sets still available:
Late Backers Link
Decks produced & gilded by Cartamundi
Restoration by Lotrek

Uncut sheets available here:
Uncuts by Cartamundi


UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access


UC2017 Fifth Annual Decks
"Avant-garde" by Edgy Brothers
Fulfillment completed

Stay tuned for UC2018
decks by Rick Davidson


v2 Carat Card Cases™
single, double, triple & quad
US / Canadian / Overseas
shipping by Priority Mail
>>> UC Deck Sales <<<


Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
User avatar
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Card Oracle
Card Oracle
 
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:25 pm
Location: Awendaw/McClellanville (Charleston county) S.C.
Country: Denmark (dk)
Has thanked: 1586 times
Been thanked: 439 times

Re: Deck prototyping discount UC member benefit (by MPC)

Unread postby guru » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:45 am  

Hey Mike,

Thanks again for this. I'd been using your codes for quite some time now and have printed a no. of versions of prototypes for both Guru Ganjifa & DAPC. Thanks to MPC as well as these kind of rates are not available elsewhere and makes it easy for us to test and review the versions.

Regards,
Sunish
"Bharata Playing Cards" live on Kickstarter now: http://kck.st/2sogOqF
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Sentinel
Sentinel
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:57 am
Country: Australia (au)
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Deck prototyping discount UC member benefit (by MPC)

Unread postby Mike Ratledge » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:40 am  

guru wrote:Hey Mike,

Thanks again for this. I'd been using your codes for quite some time now and have printed a no. of versions of prototypes for both Guru Ganjifa & DAPC. Thanks to MPC as well as these kind of rates are not available elsewhere and makes it easy for us to test and review the versions.

Regards,
Sunish

That's exactly what they are for, Sunish. Everyone should print some prototype decks to insure that you know exactly where your design is, and check that the intended goals are met. There's nothing like having your design in hand!
>Mike<

"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
Moderating in moderation...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!


Dondorf "Hundertjahrkarte" (1933)
restoration sets still available:
Late Backers Link
Decks produced & gilded by Cartamundi
Restoration by Lotrek

Uncut sheets available here:
Uncuts by Cartamundi


UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access


UC2017 Fifth Annual Decks
"Avant-garde" by Edgy Brothers
Fulfillment completed

Stay tuned for UC2018
decks by Rick Davidson


v2 Carat Card Cases™
single, double, triple & quad
US / Canadian / Overseas
shipping by Priority Mail
>>> UC Deck Sales <<<


Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
User avatar
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Card Oracle
Card Oracle
 
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:25 pm
Location: Awendaw/McClellanville (Charleston county) S.C.
Country: Denmark (dk)
Has thanked: 1586 times
Been thanked: 439 times

Re: Deck prototyping discount UC member benefit (by MPC)

Unread postby shimmering » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:58 pm  

Many thanks for this Mike. I am getting ready to prototype something so will try this!
shimmering
Deck Artist
Novice
Novice
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:20 am
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Deck prototyping discount UC member benefit (by MPC)

Unread postby davegk » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:39 am  

Hey Mike / others,

In the past I've never had a problem sending MPC pdf files of vector artwork created in illustrator. They even sent me a full sheet template which I used to lay out the entire deck in a pdf file which they printed from. However, my latest order has been a big hassle as they are insisting I convert all my art to raster files (jpg/gif/tiff) and upload directly into their ridiculous web-based interface. Otherwise, they'll charge me a bunch of extra fees to "convert it for me" which sounds like they are manually converting pdf to jpg and then uploading it themselves (??!)

I thought they were printing directly from vector files (like every other printer I've ever worked with) so I'm confused why their process is so convoluted now, especially when I haven't had any problems in the past.

What has your experience been with sending files? and is there someone I can contact directly at MPC who can help me sort this out?

Thanks,
David
User avatar
davegk
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Journeyman
Journeyman
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 am
Location: San Francisco, CA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Deck prototyping discount UC member benefit (by MPC)

Unread postby guru » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:46 am  

davegk wrote:Hey Mike / others,

In the past I've never had a problem sending MPC pdf files of vector artwork created in illustrator. They even sent me a full sheet template which I used to lay out the entire deck in a pdf file which they printed from. However, my latest order has been a big hassle as they are insisting I convert all my art to raster files (jpg/gif/tiff) and upload directly into their ridiculous web-based interface. Otherwise, they'll charge me a bunch of extra fees to "convert it for me" which sounds like they are manually converting pdf to jpg and then uploading it themselves (??!)

I thought they were printing directly from vector files (like every other printer I've ever worked with) so I'm confused why their process is so convoluted now, especially when I haven't had any problems in the past.

What has your experience been with sending files? and is there someone I can contact directly at MPC who can help me sort this out?

Thanks,
David



Hi David,

I also saw the same request to upload raster files from MPC post July this year. Before that, they were fine with the PDF template you mentioned above.
As per them, it is their company policy now. I've observed that a couple of new faces have joined their production team so it is highly likely their service is in much demand and they are seeing huge surge in their orders. You'll find that they have a sort of monopoly in printing prototype decks on high quality stocks at ridiculously low prices and shorter lead time due to the digital press.

Anyways, I've got a contact of one of the Managers @ MPC or QPP and I will be sending you his contact details via PM. I'd given him a call once I'd to resolve an issue ASAP and other times the email worked fine. Hope it helps.


Regards,
Sunish
"Bharata Playing Cards" live on Kickstarter now: http://kck.st/2sogOqF
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Sentinel
Sentinel
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:57 am
Country: Australia (au)
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Deck prototyping discount UC member benefit (by MPC)

Unread postby Mike Ratledge » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:37 pm  

davegk wrote:Hey Mike / others,

In the past I've never had a problem sending MPC pdf files of vector artwork created in illustrator. They even sent me a full sheet template which I used to lay out the entire deck in a pdf file which they printed from. However, my latest order has been a big hassle as they are insisting I convert all my art to raster files (jpg/gif/tiff) and upload directly into their ridiculous web-based interface. Otherwise, they'll charge me a bunch of extra fees to "convert it for me" which sounds like they are manually converting pdf to jpg and then uploading it themselves (??!)

...

Thanks,
David

Dave, I have never had any problems, even using my direct upload to their Dropbox share, but I know that Sunish is correct about new faces in the group, and also heard a horror story from the sales manager about a fairly expensive problem that came up because they had "fized" a problem for someone. That in itself is enough to make them require that they print exactly what you send instead of helping out, even if it did save time for everyone.

They do have a good leg up for printing prototype decks as Sunish noted as well, which is why I openly offer the 20% discount to members for small batch decks. Your not going to get less than 250 decks from Expert/Legends, USPCC or even Gambler's any time soon.
>Mike<

"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
Moderating in moderation...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!


Dondorf "Hundertjahrkarte" (1933)
restoration sets still available:
Late Backers Link
Decks produced & gilded by Cartamundi
Restoration by Lotrek

Uncut sheets available here:
Uncuts by Cartamundi


UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access


UC2017 Fifth Annual Decks
"Avant-garde" by Edgy Brothers
Fulfillment completed

Stay tuned for UC2018
decks by Rick Davidson


v2 Carat Card Cases™
single, double, triple & quad
US / Canadian / Overseas
shipping by Priority Mail
>>> UC Deck Sales <<<


Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
User avatar
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Card Oracle
Card Oracle
 
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:25 pm
Location: Awendaw/McClellanville (Charleston county) S.C.
Country: Denmark (dk)
Has thanked: 1586 times
Been thanked: 439 times


Return to Custom Deck Drafting Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest