Advice on launching new projects

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes

Advice on launching new projects

Unread post by Fud »

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate a quick word of advice regarding launching new projects.

Normally I would wait until a project is 100% produced and shipped out to backers before launching a new one. That means aprox 3 months between campaigns. I've made and shipped 3 projects so far (prism night, pipmen red & black and pipmen shadow), and I am currently running the Medieval campaign for Egor. I was hoping to launch Prism day and Dusk in early October to finish the series before the years end (I have really exciting things planned for 2017), but this would require me to launch prism before medieval had completed shipping.

Do you think that is acceptable, or should I wait until new years to do a new project? Is October even a good time to launch projects? What are your thoughts? The Prism project is all ready to go, just waiting...
Levent Suberk
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Re: Advice on launching new projects

Unread post by Levent Suberk »

It is better to complete all works in hand before launching a new one, in my opinion. I work more willingly after a completed project.
ecNate
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

I think you have enough of a history for showing great delivery and completing projects that it's not a big deal. Running multiple projects at the same time is bad or new creators running a bunch before delivering one, but 2 overlapping is fine. Still, it may scare some away or at least cause them to complain, but others have done it fine and as long as you don't abuse it and keep everybody updated it's fine. Especially since your most recent one is something you are running for somebody else. It also helps that you have done much of the work ahead of time and know the process/contacts now.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

I agree with Nate that for new project creators, running multiple projects would be risky, but with your history of previous successful and fulfilled projects, I don't think you have much to worry about. I will be there for the launch of Prism either way :ugthink:
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

Thanks guys, that is good advice.

I will proceed with planning to (re)launch Prism in October which will give enough time for production to be completed.

I'm really looking forward to the relaunch. Doing someone else's project has given me time to re-evaluate how I set up a project and what I offer. I think the new campaign will be a blast - I have planned some awesome stuff :)