HEROES Playing Cards

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
OzLemon

HEROES Playing Cards

Unread post by OzLemon »

Hi everybody,

we started with the design and implementation of the Heroes Playing Cards, the HEROES DECK.

The last years, many “heroes” of our youth died, especially great musicians like Bowie, Prince, Jackson, Cocker and others. But also when we and our parents were young, there were many artists that helped us drive our everyday life and the visions of the future, like Lennon, Hendrix, Marley or Morrison.

So why not keep them in our minds every day on playing cards? This was the idea of the HEROS DECK.

To be able to realize this game and beeing sure not to get problems with the copyrights of images, we wanted to create a pure hand-made printing template. All artists are individually hand carved in linoleum and printed on high-quality cardboard with linoleum ink. The prints are rather large, so we can also make original Artprints on Bütten and even on T-shirts. But also a coloured direct printing version will be available.

"Heroes Vol.1" includes 12 artists, including 3 women. The fourth "queen" of course is Freddy Mercury ;-)

Here's the "making of .." the first motive and the first layout. We are now working on the lettering, the backside and the Tuck Box.

We want to launch the project in August on Kickstarter and will keep you up to date with the development of the deck. The Manufacturer of the cards will be #USPCC or #Legends, both premium producer. We will have to check the further design of teh Tuck Box and other things like shipment, fulfilment etc. So please stay tuned.. more coming soon!

Cheers, Oz from DAC

Instagram, Twitter: #dachiemsee Facebook: #heroesplayingcards
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes

Re: HEROES Playing Cards

Unread post by shermjack »

Very cool! I am very interested!
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Amazing artwork on Bowie and Amy Winehouse (sp?). I'm intrigued by this in a good way. :)
Move on, nothing to see here.
Räpylätassu
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

In sports there is a term "World Class." It is used when something, for example an individual skill of a player or the whole player itself is good enough to compete with the best ones out there.

May I just say that those courts are World Class. Stunning work, you keep going like that and this will be in my list of must haves for sure.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
OzLemon

Unread post by OzLemon »

Hi everyone,

the next weeks, we will cut the next artists in linol. But we also worked on other products like T-Shirts & Mousepads, that fit to the concept. Hope, you like them!
Cheers, OZ.
Attachments
T-Shirt in Galaxy Blue.
T-Shirt in Galaxy Blue.
Mousepad.
Mousepad.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

OzLemon - Yours is usually called an art deck. You don't have a suit indicator, but I do see that you are watching the index. What is the index? It is the rank and suit of the card.
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-06-30 18.07.51.png
Screenshot 2016-06-30 18.07.51.png (54.17 KiB) Viewed 1215 times
RussellSprouts
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

Sorry for the double post. Your BackOfCard sucks... It does not line up. It's terrible. :halfstar: :nostar: :nostar:
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-06-30 18.14.42.png
Screenshot 2016-06-30 18.14.42.png (467.35 KiB) Viewed 1215 times
RussellSprouts
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Sprouts,

That's a mouse pad, not the back of the card. They didn't start working on the back design yet.
Move on, nothing to see here.
OzLemon

Unread post by OzLemon »

Hi, sorry for answering so late.. too much work with oher projects and also summer holidays in germany.

We have some problems withe the personal rights of the artists in different countries.. so we stopped the project by the moment to get a clear situation after summer. It's very difficult and different where you are allowed to use the names, where you can sell the decks and where not... we asked a lawyer in germany, and we are not allowed to sell or even print pictures or drawings of a dead artist for 10 years. Also in other countries we have some other restrictrions, so it's getting very complicated... We can't check the rights and restrictions for every country in the world.. so we still do not know if we follow this concept to the end...

We will get back soon and inform you what's going on...

Cheers, Oz.