ACTIVE playing cards

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes

Re: ACTIVE playing cards

Unread post by shermjack »

Fud wrote: It’s really interesting for me to see how people react to different designs – for instance Nate likes the colours in the birds, but Shermjack doesn’t.
photo-original.jpg

Oh, don't get me wrong, I do like the idea of colours in the birds, but the colours that you choose (imo) didn't fit in with the rest of the colours in the cards you have shown and thus the rest of the deck. I do agree that everyone has different tastes and you can't please them all, but so far, I am very pleased with this deck and like Nate, can't wait for the launch :ugdance:

BTW, will you have prototypes available for us common folk? :ugthink:
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

shermjack wrote:
Fud wrote: It’s really interesting for me to see how people react to different designs – for instance Nate likes the colours in the birds, but Shermjack doesn’t.
photo-original.jpg

Oh, don't get me wrong, I do like the idea of colours in the birds, but the colours that you choose (imo) didn't fit in with the rest of the colours in the cards you have shown and thus the rest of the deck. I do agree that everyone has different tastes and you can't please them all, but so far, I am very pleased with this deck and like Nate, can't wait for the launch :ugdance:

BTW, will you have prototypes available for us common folk? :ugthink:

Ah, I see I see. The colour scheme for the birds are from some of the most colourful ones in my area (Sydney, Australia). There is a magpie, 2 types of rosellas, a galah, a Pidgeon, and some other ones I think. The overall color scheme has moved to more eclectic over the last few weeks so there is less of a unified appearance, but I think that’s part of the fun of it – individual and unique! If it’s harmony you are after though, just wait until next year. That’s all I’ll say now ;)

And prototypes? Not this time, sorry. They would be the same as the final decks but with some cards missing and unrealistically expensive for the low MPC print run. It won’t be like the Prism project where the prototypes were a different gloss ink to the final product. Though I will be releasing several images after the project to use on whatever you want. I’m also thinking about offering a nice notepad or coffee mug with a design or 2 on them if some other stretch goals dry up – is that worth investigating?
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Fud wrote:
shermjack wrote:
Fud wrote: Ah, I see I see. The colour scheme for the birds are from some of the most colourful ones in my area (Sydney, Australia). There is a magpie, 2 types of rosellas, a galah, a Pidgeon, and some other ones I think. The overall color scheme has moved to more eclectic over the last few weeks so there is less of a unified appearance, but I think that’s part of the fun of it – individual and unique! If it’s harmony you are after though, just wait until next year. That’s all I’ll say now ;)

And prototypes? Not this time, sorry. They would be the same as the final decks but with some cards missing and unrealistically expensive for the low MPC print run. It won’t be like the Prism project where the prototypes were a different gloss ink to the final product. Though I will be releasing several images after the project to use on whatever you want. I’m also thinking about offering a nice notepad or coffee mug with a design or 2 on them if some other stretch goals dry up – is that worth investigating?
And I now see the reason for the variety of colours in the birds...also the statement of moving away from a unified appearance makes more sense too, especially with the release of the latest 6 & 7s. Anyways, I will be impatiently waiting for next year now. As for prototypes, no worries, the collector in me asking :D . At a minimum, I hope you plan on offering uncuts...normally I am not an uncut person, though I do have a few, I would really want one of this deck! As for other stuff, I personally wouldn't get anything else other than the deck (and uncut), so can't comment on that.

Do you know what printer you will be going with to make these decks?
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

Uncuts will definitely be available! I have made it into a cool setout so the double sided courts frame the regular faces nicely, and the ‘full color’ designs are scattered throughout so it doesn’t look uneven. I’m looking forward to having it on my wall :) And I’ll be using LPCC – they have been excellent to deal with during the Prism campaign and their quality has always been superb
jsantafe

Unread post by jsantafe »

Even if in the dark, I am also eager to get my hands on this deck. Just, please, think of international backers when you set the shipping costs up.
Thanks and great work!
JS

Every deck I open makes your sealed one more valuable. You're welcome.
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

jsantafe wrote:Even if in the dark, I am also eager to get my hands on this deck. Just, please, think of international backers when you set the shipping costs up.
Thanks and great work!
I'm trying to minimize all the costs. I honestly don't know how some projects get away with crazy shipping costs, particularly when we know how they are shipping...

Current (and 99% final) shipping costs will be ~$3 US, $5 international for a deck; fulfillment and shipping through Gamblers.
jsantafe

Unread post by jsantafe »

Sounds good!
JS

Every deck I open makes your sealed one more valuable. You're welcome.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

Fud - I like that you have a red and black joker. You can be more aggressive with your borders. The seven could match up to your cloud, but of course you would have to change all your indices. I sEe what your doing with the the 6oH. It's fine. YOu need cards to stand out.
Attachments
Screenshot 2015-11-24 19.05.24.png
Screenshot 2015-11-24 19.05.24.png (8.42 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
RussellSprouts