Where to print 10 decks?

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
adanyeva2
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 100

Where to print 10 decks?

Unread post by adanyeva2 »

Hi there guys,

A friend of mine wishes to print about 10-20 custom decks of cards for a game prototype. He would like to know where he can do so, if there's some site he could do that, even with not high quality.

If you know of any place/website I would be very grateful.

Thx in advance!
Your heart is free. Have the courage to follow her.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Where to print 10 decks?

Unread post by ecNate »

Obviously you have MPC, but also artscow, ad magic, the game crafter, drive thru cards and quite a few others which are more geared for games are commonly used. Head over to boardgamegeek.com for details and ask more there. There's a ton of threads about doing prototype games, including card games.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

How timely, I just saw this post at BGG for $10 custom deck that apparently works at cowcow or artscow and for either 54 or 108 card decks

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/18364716
Kleetz
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by Kleetz »

I printed my Lumberjacks prototype from here: http://www.printerstudio.com/personaliz ... gifts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They came out pretty good... for prototypes. Came quickly too and in my opinion priced well. It'll cost him $8.80 per deck for 10 decks. They don't print tuck boxes though, only cards.

Wish him the best of luck!

Kleetz
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

@Kleetz, did you find it much work to re-adjust your files to deal with any differing standards required between the printers? I've heard they can vary in their unprintable margins due to variations in printing equipment or cutting process.
Kleetz
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by Kleetz »

ecNate wrote:@Kleetz, did you find it much work to re-adjust your files to deal with any differing standards required between the printers? I've heard they can vary in their unprintable margins due to variations in printing equipment or cutting process.
Nope! Since my files were setup with USPCC templates, I just copied one card at a time, pasted it into their template, and exported as a JPEG. The PrinterStudio templates only have a slightly smaller "safe area" than USPCC and I knew it wouldn't matter if the art goes out of it a little.

Overall, as a cheap and fast alternative, I will be using them for all my future playing card prototypes. Let me know if you have anymore questions. I can post up photos of the prototype cards too if you want to see them.

-Kleetz