Luxure Playing Cards

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
Luxure Deck

Luxure Playing Cards

Unread post by Luxure Deck »

Hi guys, this is a more minimalist styled deck i've designed, called the Luxure deck. I'm only posting the card back, as i'm unsure about what else should be custom.

Printing will be done by either Printer Studio or MPC. Right now, i'm leaning more towards MPC. As its a more minimalist deck, i would like to have a standard Ace of Spades, Courts, Pips, Indices and Jokers from Printer Studio or MPC. However, i want to find out what you guys feel first. Should a make the AOS and Jokers custom? Or should i go fully custom? I'd rather leave everything as standard but i think its important to find out what you guys want first.

Also, has anyone tried MPC and Printer Studio before? Which is better? I've calculated and if i print above 1000 decks(my aim) with MPC, these will go for 12USD on Kickstarter including worldwide shipping. This is because i live in Singapore, so when i receive the decks, it'll cost pretty much the same to ship to all other countries. Printer Studio should be a bit cheaper though, although the quality of MPC decks does seem to be better. All feedback appreciated :)
Attachments
red.png
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 50

Re: Luxure Playing Cards

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

Dude flip that around. The top of the back of card needs to be top side up. Plan on charging $15 a deck. Where is your fudge factor. $15 is becoming the norm. I like that your going world shipping. Use MPC http://makeplayingcards.com I have some demo decks with them and the quality is good...
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-11-11 19.47.38.png
Screenshot 2014-11-11 19.47.38.png (5.93 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
RussellSprouts
Luxure Deck

Ok I've changed that. Yup, i've just calculated and 15USD makes a lot more sense to me, there would be more room for error there haha.

I'm also thinking of making the deck more of a burgundy colour, instead of a bright red. What are your thoughts on that? Meanwhile, i've done the courts and the aces and i'll be going full custom. I've made the courts really simple and showed it to some friends of mine. Some like the minimalist style but others find it lazy and a lack of effort, so i want to find out what everyone on this forum thinks before changing it(if needed).

I've attached pictures of the Ace of Spades and Jacks. All advice appreciated :)
Attachments
cards.png
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

I think a deeper burgundy red would be the way to go. But that's just my preference.

Ah, to be honest, I am one of those people who do not really go for minimalist designs. I'd rather have a deck with standard courts than one with just huge letters. But again, that's just my preference. I certainly do not speak for the entire playing card community.

Since $15 includes worldwide shipping, that price isn't so bad, although US backers are probably accustomed to paying $13 or less.
Luxure Deck

Sher wrote:Ah, to be honest, I am one of those people who do not really go for minimalist designs. I'd rather have a deck with standard courts than one with just huge letters. But again, that's just my preference. I certainly do not speak for the entire playing card community.
Hi Sher, thanks for taking the time to respond. I am open to having standard court cards and have done so here, please let me know if you prefer it better. I have attached 2 of the queens here. All feedback appreciated.
Attachments
cards.png
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

@Luxure Deck - You don't bring to much to the table. The BIG "J"s looks like they are tonguing each other. It was fun...
RussellSprouts
pcggamer

Unread post by pcggamer »

When I look at this deck all I can really come up with is "ehh." But then again I never really liked the simple decks. I do like the pips.
Luxure Deck

Hi guys, i've simplified the court cards and recoloured them. Here's a look at the family of diamonds :) Please do note that this is too my first draft for the courts. All advice appreciated :)
Attachments
jdiamond.png
qdiamond.png
kdiamond.png
volantangel
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

You really shouldnt be using Microsoft Paint.
Luxure Deck

volantangel wrote:You really shouldnt be using Microsoft Paint.
@Volantangel this is just a rough draft. Once i've figured out how i want them to look, i'll move them into illustrator.

Maybe i should explain the process i use to draw these. First, i draw them out by hand to visualize what they look like. I then scan it and use microsoft paint to fill in the colours. This way, if i don't like it, i can easily delete it without the process having taken up too much of my time. Once i've settled on something i like, i'll refine it on illustrator. Cheers :)
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Luxure Deck wrote:
volantangel wrote:You really shouldnt be using Microsoft Paint.
@Volantangel this is just a rough draft. Once i've figured out how i want them to look, i'll move them into illustrator.

Maybe i should explain the process i use to draw these. First, i draw them out by hand to visualize what they look like. I then scan it and use microsoft paint to fill in the colours. This way, if i don't like it, i can easily delete it without the process having taken up too much of my time. Once i've settled on something i like, i'll refine it on illustrator. Cheers :)
Soooo after seeing them, do you like it ?
Luxure Deck

@Volantangel I'm a little unsure about them, which is why i posted them here to get some feedback before deciding whether to follow through or go back to the drawing board. Do you have any comments on them? Thanks :)
Luxure Deck

I realised that most people don't find the minimalist style their cup of tea. With that in mind, i decided to move in another direction. When people hear the word "Luxure" they think Luxury, so i want to try and bring that out with a back that is more intricate and has a more flourished design.

Hope you guys find this better. It's just a rough draft of what i want the back to look like. If this gets the thumbs up i'll move forward and start refining it. All advice appreciated :)
Attachments
bordeaux.png
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

You got my thumbs up... Joking aside. Just remember you can't please everyone. I like the circles in the corners. Seems like circles in the corners are popular nowadays..
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-11-14 05.39.31.png
Screenshot 2014-11-14 05.39.31.png (12.26 KiB) Viewed 1455 times
RussellSprouts
Luxure Deck

Sprouts how do you manage to find all these twisted things that no one else sees? :shock: I'll fix it right away :D :D
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Luxure Deck wrote:Sprouts how do you manage to find all these twisted things that no one else sees? :shock: I'll fix it right away :D :D
Gotta love how he doesn't even mention it, just crops a photo and puts it there :lol:

But yes, this is (IMO) a better direction, and it certainly fits your name better like you said.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
pcggamer

Unread post by pcggamer »

I definitely like the new back design. Going the route of luxury will more than likely generate more interest in your deck. With that said the courts are lacking that special something. I would see about giving them a luxury touch as well. Not too keen on the second suit, especially beside one another.
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

I like this back better than the first one.
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Jamm Pakd Cards »

Luxure Deck wrote:I realised that most people don't find the minimalist style their cup of tea. With that in mind, i decided to move in another direction. When people hear the word "Luxure" they think Luxury, so i want to try and bring that out with a back that is more intricate and has a more flourished design.

Hope you guys find this better. It's just a rough draft of what i want the back to look like. If this gets the thumbs up i'll move forward and start refining it. All advice appreciated :)

I like the new back design but am not sure how that gold circle is. It really stands out kind of like it doesnt belong. Maybe try using the same gold and just put some highlights of gold throughout the back but not a lot just a little. Just a thought, best of luck to you.
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards
Wild West Decks - Now Live

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JammPakdCards?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Website: http://www.jammpakdcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kickstarter: Wild West Decks Now Live
Luxure Deck

Thanks for all the advice guys, am busy refining it on Illustrator now. Cheers :)