[CContreras] Tallans Playing Cards

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Re: [CContreras] Tallans Playing Cards

Unread post by CContreras »

MagikFingerz wrote:
CContreras wrote:
volantangel wrote:Well, recall what i said about multiple/quadruple postings?
What do you mean by that? I speak mainly Spanish, I don't understand perfectly English.
It means that when you reply, you should put everything in one post rather than make several posts in a row each with 1 quote+reply. When you write a post (unless you used the Quick Reply option) you can scroll down and use the Topic Review (which displays previous posts in a reverse chronological order - latest to earliest) to quote more posts from there.
Oh, now I understand, ok thank you
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Any more suggestions anyone?
volantangel
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

you would probably have to come back to us with a more final version of your courts before we can say much else. The only thing is that the level of detailing across the courts can be quite different and makes the deck look inconsistent.
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Tallans Playing Cards are now live on Kickstarter!!!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ca ... -contreras" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you!!
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

2 Black Jokers. No. Right card has a reveal. Could be a 2 or 3 of Diamonds. I don't know. "Joker" is black and horizontal. :ugthink: :uggrin: :uggrin:
Screenshot 2015-02-02 21.27.14.png
Screenshot 2015-02-02 21.27.14.png (82.59 KiB) Viewed 790 times
RussellSprouts
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

sprouts1115 wrote:2 Black Jokers. No. Right card has a reveal. Could be a 2 or 3 of Diamonds. I don't know. "Joker" is black and horizontal. :ugthink: :uggrin: :uggrin:
Two black jokers are on purpose so if somebody does magic with the cards, they can make an actual trick instead of having two different jokers wich will obviously let the spectator know that there's somenthing fishy going on with the jokers. Horizontal JOKER word doesn't matters, there is no law that says it has to be vertical and there are only 2 diamonds in the reveal and it says 2 in the indices (with all your respect, there is no reason to think that is a 3 of diamonds, when you only see two Diamomda)
Anyway, thank you for your opinion.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

There's no laws for anything regarding design, but logic dictates that JOKER being vertical would make it much more recognisable when it's in a fan (ie spread out between other cards, like most card players hold their cards). If held tightly enough, only the J would be shown (J as in Jack).

The reveal effectively makes the second joker into a gaff card, so the traditional rule of the two Jokers being distinct from each other does not apply.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

CContreras wrote:
sprouts1115 wrote:2 Black Jokers. No. Right card has a reveal. Could be a 2 or 3 of Diamonds. I don't know. "Joker" is black and horizontal. :ugthink: :uggrin: :uggrin:
Two black jokers are on purpose so if somebody does magic with the cards, they can make an actual trick instead of having two different jokers wich will obviously let the spectator know that there's somenthing fishy going on with the jokers. Horizontal JOKER word doesn't matters, there is no law that says it has to be vertical and there are only 2 diamonds in the reveal and it says 2 in the indices (with all your respect, there is no reason to think that is a 3 of diamonds, when you only see two Diamomda)
Anyway, thank you for your opinion.
I don't see where it says 2 in the indices. But what I think sprouts meant was that the gaff leaves room for interpretation. It could be a 2 of diamonds or it could be a 3 of diamonds in which the center diamond pip is being cut through by the sword.
Kleetz
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by Kleetz »

Bikefanatic wrote:That back looks so familiar........ ;) The nice looks nice. The courts don't have to be colored but they can be outlined/highlighted more so they can be more visible. The red pips look dark so they can be more distinguished.

I thought the same thing! So I looked through some decks laying around me and sure enough, Monarchs :)
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

@CContreras - What I meant was. You can't use these Jokers in a game or for replacement cards. The Horizontal lines extend out to the cut border. You need a white border in the Jokers to reflect your theme of the rest of your deck.
RussellSprouts
arrowhead
Decks Owned: 35

Unread post by arrowhead »

usually not a huge fan of line drawn decks, but this is actually really cool looking.