Deduction Deck

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
shebhnt
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes

Deduction Deck

Unread post by shebhnt »

So this is a deck I have been messing around with. I'm calling it the deduction deck. The goal is to try and hide some more little gaffs and secrets in the cards to help people "deduce" different things. So far all I have put in is a secret marking system on the backs.
Attachments
random values.jpg
backs.jpg
royalty2.jpg
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Re: Deduction Deck

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

@shebhnt - In your indices, the rank of the card needs to be in the same spot on every card. You might want to make the suits a bit fatter. The suit should fit around the rank not the other way around like you have it now. Or you might consider making your rank a bit more blocky like this guy did.

http://www.wopc.co.uk/delarue/pigmy.html <---- check out the 10oC to see what I mean...
RussellSprouts
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Marcus »

This I say to help out though it may sound harsh - that marking system will not fly by many a person if they look closely, and marked cards is one of the very first "solutions" most spectators think of when it comes to magic (if they're the "I'm gonna find that damn Waldo" type of person).
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.
shebhnt
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Magician: Yes

Unread post by shebhnt »

Marcus wrote:This I say to help out though it may sound harsh - that marking system will not fly by many a person if they look closely, and marked cards is one of the very first "solutions" most spectators think of when it comes to magic (if they're the "I'm gonna find that damn Waldo" type of person).
Yes I could see that as a possibility, but I am hoping that the simplicity of the design will mask the marking system. Also, because of the fact that the system is only telling the person what the color of the card is, most people won't realize that it is important in any way. My other option would be to do something similar to the way the NOC decks hide their marking system.

I'm also readjusting the indices to be more universal across the cards.

I also forgot to mention that each card is a one way with one of the values being slightly more "bold" than the other.