Playing Card Design Contest

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
Customizedcards

Playing Card Design Contest

Unread post by Customizedcards »

We are having a Playing Card Design Contest and we would like to invite all of the members of the United Cardists to join. You have the ability to customize the pips, faces, fronts and backs to whatever you want. We will be accepting entries until July 26th. Then we will have a voting session of the top ones chosen. From there the majority winner will have their decks printed for free. We are giving away 100 free decks for the winner to do whatever they would like with. You can give them away or sell your decks to whomever you would like. We will be printing these as 310 gsm. We have a few templates available with some pips in there but you can take them out and create your own. We really hope everyone here who has a cool design will enter. For more information you can go to
http://customizedplayingcards.com/desig ... s-contest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you have any questions, concerns or ideas please let us know. we are very open for suggestions and would love to hear from everyone.

Thanks
montecarlojoe
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Re: Playing Card Design Contest

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

I'm sure this is entirely well meant - and good luck to everyone who enters - but I don't get it.

If I had a design I truly thought was a winner, why would I give the design away for 100 decks, when I could take my design and make a couple of thousand and keep the IP and all the profit...
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by StanKindLee »

montecarlojoe wrote:If I had a design I truly thought was a winner, why would I give the design away for 100 decks, when I could take my design and make a couple of thousand and keep the IP and all the profit...
I imagine the designs submitted will be from artist (not necessarily playing card deck artist) who find their art on playing cards a novel idea and having 100 decks to show off and distribute to friends, family and art followers would be mission accomplished.

Also, the profits from the sales of the 100 decks is enough to self manufacture another 500 decks... the design changes needed to avoid IP issues should be easy enough.
-- $tanley
Flame Fractal deck - http://freakiebeat.com/index.php/flame- ... -in-spades" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Animation of the Flame Fractal deck - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Kq0BA8w9w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Customizedcards

Unread post by Customizedcards »

Thank you for bringing up this issue. We are not wanting anyone to release their rights. We just want to have a design contest and allow people to enter. The artist retain ALL design rights. Its mostly just a fun way to get 100 decks of their cards printed and sent to them for free. While at the same time promoting the artists. If you win and receive the cards you can do what ever you want with them and they are your cards and your design.
volantangel
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Customizedcards wrote:Thank you for bringing up this issue. We are not wanting anyone to release their rights. We just want to have a design contest and allow people to enter. The artist retain ALL design rights. Its mostly just a fun way to get 100 decks of their cards printed and sent to them for free. While at the same time promoting the artists. If you win and receive the cards you can do what ever you want with them and they are your cards and your design.
That's a nightly relief to hear :)