custom cards

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
Malcolm K
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 10

Re: custom cards

Unread post by Malcolm K »

sorry i dont know how to upload multiple attachments if thats possible. the Valet i already showed you and then the Jack of Clubs.....
JC.jpg
for my other deck, the names are Lord (King), Dame (Queen), Valet, and Knave (Jack). ive always liked the KNAVE name better but didnt want two K's so i had to change all the courts.
this world is not my home. im just a passing through
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Hey Malcom, I honestly dont see a "theme", all i see is standard french courts with sub-par fonts and pips. What ties everything together ?
Malcolm K

hey volant, those were for Sprouts because he wanted to see some of the court cards. remember these are just a rough draft. im trying to find a designer to make them "official". um, now that i think about it, i guess there really is no theme per se. just a version of the existing playing cards that i wanted to make. i do have some themed ones in mind but no these arent them. thanks again for the feedback
Jock1971

Unread post by Jock1971 »

Hi Malcom :D There has been a lot of decks using these courts recently,albiet without the Extra Valet cards.
To rise above these decks a Theme is very important.
Here`s an example of a theme for French courts.
When i think French . i think the battle of Waterloo. Each side of the conflict can have a colour. For example Reds(Diamonds & Hearts) = Duke of Wellington & General Blucher . Blacks(Spades & Clubs) = Napoleon & General Ney . with the many generals on each side there would be no problems filling your Knaves and valet cards. The card backs could have the flags of each country involved and maybe some muskets and drums of the period etc
This above example is along the same vein as the Independence decks from Jackson.
As for looking for a Artist to help you with your deck, deviantart.com Has some great artists that do commissions
or maybe any local arts and crafts group near you can help.
i look forward to see what you can come up with .
-Jase- :D
Malcolm K

Re: custom cards (wap)

Thanks Jase for the info. Ill look into it. As for this deck, like I said this one doesnt really have a theme per se. It was just an idea I had on the cards today. Look at my Santa one tho for a Christmas theme deck
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

volantangel wrote:Hey Malcom, I honestly dont see a "theme", all i see is standard french courts with sub-par fonts and pips. What ties everything together ?
@volantangel - You right. I don't see a theme. I see old style courts with a different color for the suits. Not that special...

@Malcolm K - You might want to think of a theme for your cards. It makes a difference believe me or you might lose your party.
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-06-24 18.30.53.png
Screenshot 2014-06-24 18.30.53.png (282.94 KiB) Viewed 874 times
RussellSprouts
Malcolm K

Re: custom cards (wap)

well this one doesnt have a theme but I guess I can come up with one lol
Malcolm K

hey guys. im more of an idea kinda guy but not much of an artist. would there be anyone willing to help me bring my cards to life? any graphic artists willing to take on my ideas? in addition to some of the themes ive showed you, heres a card from my Patriotic deck
QB.jpg