Jumping the gun a bit

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
volantangel
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 350

Re: Jumping the gun a bit

Unread post by volantangel »

Eoghann wrote:Pretty intense kings! I would say keep the sword king and use the other troll as the one eyed jack perhaps, with an eyeball in his hand. He already seems squinting with his right eye and his open left eye towards us.
This is a brilliant suggestion ! I second this.
patrickrobles

Unread post by patrickrobles »

volantangel wrote:
Eoghann wrote:Pretty intense kings! I would say keep the sword king and use the other troll as the one eyed jack perhaps, with an eyeball in his hand. He already seems squinting with his right eye and his open left eye towards us.
This is a brilliant suggestion ! I second this.
Interesting, Eoghann. My current idea for the one eyed jack is him holding and scrutinizing a severed elf ear instead of the traditional leaf, but maybe an eyeball would work :)

While working on a project like this, in an attempt to keep things cohesive, I'll make some sort of backstory or history. Goblins are pretty much pre-technology, orcs are mainly scavengers, humans are in what amounts to the Bronze Age, and dwarves jealously guard the knowledge of iron working and the "magic" of steel. Elves are pretty unconcerned with the entire affair, content to be "children of the forest."So with that in mind, I have a guide for how each race will look, as far as gear is concerned.

I mention this as faced with the dilemma of the King of Hearts/Orcs I decided to side step the choice and work on the Queen for a bit, hoping that would sort of lead me to the answer as I pinned down the overall look of the Hearts/Orcs while working on her. But not wanting to use the tired fantasy fur bikini, or weird straps that just cover naughty bits, presented a challenge. I tried a few different types of armor, but they just didn't fit the look I wanted. Now I think I have it down and I should have her done in the next few days.

Justin, for the suits I had intended on keeping the Hearts and Diamonds red but doing the Spades and Clubs white on a black field. I think I'll play around with nesting a black pip in a larger white icon for the race specific sub-suit or perhaps some sort of banner.
Eoghann
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by Eoghann »

I would think that there's no need to sexualize any of the characters since that's been done ad nauseum on nearly every type of media.

Perhaps modeling the gear after several periods from humanity's existence? Hides and stone from prehistoric era, forest tribes of the amazon or Africa, bronze and steel periods, etc.

You mention five groups. Goblins, orcs, dwarves, humans and elves. I thought it was one per suit, or will the goblins be saved as the jokers for example?