Coat of Arms Revised 2.0

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Coat of Arms Revised 2.0

Unread post by Jamm Pakd Cards »

Hey Everyone,

I am happy to announce that I was able to bring my friend on board with my Coat of Arms Deck. He has many years experience in art and illustration. We have taken in all the suggestions and have been revamping the deck. Updates and new pics coming soon! I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for all the support.

Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards
Wild West Decks - Now Live

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JammPakdCards?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Website: http://www.jammpakdcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kickstarter: Wild West Decks Now Live
Eoghann
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: Coat of Arms Revised 2.0

Unread post by Eoghann »

Heyyy, hadn't heard from you in a while. Interested to see what improvements you've made.
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

My friend and I have been busy concentrating on the deck revisions. All the court cards have been redrawn by my friend. Now we are working on the illustration work. I think everyone will be happy with the changes. The illustration work on the back of the card is done and now I just want to get the spades done before I post the pics. It should be done in the next week.
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JammPakdCards?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Website: http://www.jammpakdcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

I am excited to announce a friend of mine has joined me to design the coat of arms deck. I have worked on a project with him before. He is a terrific artist and I am thrilled with the new direction we are going with the deck. All art work is 100% hand drawn and original. Here are some completed cards of the new style I wanted to share with everyone. Thank you!
Attachments
King of Spades
King of Spades
Ace of Spades
Ace of Spades
King of Hearts
King of Hearts
Back of Card
Back of Card
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Woah. I definitely like the new direction it has taken. The card back is awesome.
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Eoghann wrote:Woah. I definitely like the new direction it has taken. The card back is awesome.
Great! I am glad you like it!
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Wow! You've taken a serious leap forward with the new designs! Love it!
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

montecarlojoe wrote:Wow! You've taken a serious leap forward with the new designs! Love it!

Thank you, I appreciate it!
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

This looks much much better than the previous version. A question I always like to ask on this board, what do you intend to do with this design ?
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

volantangel wrote:This looks much much better than the previous version. A question I always like to ask on this board, what do you intend to do with this design ?
I am glad you like this design better! Thank you,

I plan to launch the deck on kickstarter so people can purchase the deck. I will have the deck printed by the United States Playing Card Company. Along with the deck I will offer posters, poker chips and a Coin to mention a few things.
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Emmanuel »

Hi Justin,

The deck's new direction is great!

One thing to note though is that the color banners beind the indices of the court cards are going to make them stand out when you hold or fan the deck (unless the spot card indices also have the color banners). This was also the same issue with Lee McKenzie's Empire Deck. It's not a personal issue to me, but other cardists and collectors will point it out.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Emmanuel wrote:Hi Justin,

The deck's new direction is great!

One thing to note though is that the color banners beind the indices of the court cards are going to make them stand out when you hold or fan the deck (unless the spot card indices also have the color banners). This was also the same issue with Lee McKenzie's Empire Deck. It's not a personal issue to me, but other cardists and collectors will point it out.
Yep. This is also true for the frame around the court cards, which will make the courts stand out in a face up fan.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Hey man,

Dont hate me for this, I dont think this deck is one that belongs on KS, simply due to simplicity of the details. This deck perhaps would be one that does well enough for a small run project like the grain back deck (i honestly like your design alot more), but i dont see this deck making 12-13k on KS. Heraldry has attempted this "theme" once and it wasnt very well received due to the lack of human courts.

Well but having said all of that, I would say go ahead and try, take it as a learning experience and i wish you all the best in your little venture.
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

A few thoughts after looking at this one. On the whole, pretty nice art, a great step forward I'd say.

- I think the thin line border on the King is unnecessary. The Ace right below it looks "more free" and has a better feel to me personally. Your court artwork is quite large scale and fills a lot of the card, so the border makes it feel cramped. If you really like the border, perhaps think about reducing teh size of the court figure a little to give some breathing room.

- You may consider some colors that contrast a little more. The KoH "wing" shape seems kind of muddy with that very light yellow set between white adn red.

- Look at finding a color palette and find ways to integrate them across suits. For example, you use a nice light blue on the AoS for example, but why not use that instead of that weak green in the KoH crown area? Perhaps putting fewer colors to use, but spread them more consistently across cards would make the entire deck a little more cohesive.

- I personally like the banners that bleed off the card, but as mentioned that will drive some people crazy.

Nice work, keep refining! Make sure the cards are the solid foundation of your KS, don't focus too much on the extra stuff.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Hey Everyone,

I have taken the advice of the great feedback I have received and made some changes.

I have eliminated the border.
I have come up with a solution for the flag situation where the flag bleeds off the edge. I have the flag hanging off a pole, I have two types I am working with but I am posting the one that I am leaning towards.
I also changed the color on the KoH wing to a darker gold to make it more contrast.

Here are the changes thanks again for the help.
Attachments
COA_cards_F4.jpg
COA_cards_F5.jpg
COA_cards_F6.jpg
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Subtle change, looks great!
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Just thought I would share the other option for the flags. Instead of two "poles" for the flag this option has one "pole" with dots on the end.
Attachments
COA_cards_F2.jpg
COA_cards_F3.jpg
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Hmm. Tough choice. I'm leaning towards the double bar.
montecarlojoe

^Agreed totally!

Also, popped you in the Verified Designer group. (I know you have help with the new artwork, but you did the initial design and are the voice of the project so seems fair to me!)
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Check out the Jack of Spades, Queen of Spades and 10 of Spades.
Attachments
JofS_G.jpg
QofS_G.jpg
10ofS_G.jpg
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

I really like the artwork especially the back design! The pip layout is interesting. :)
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Sher143 wrote:I really like the artwork especially the back design! The pip layout is interesting. :)
Great! I am glad you like it!
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Check out the Queen of Hearts! Getting closer to completion!
Attachments
Justin_cards_G_QofH.jpg
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Here is a little something we put together getting closer to a kickstarter release.
Attachments
Justin_card_main_image_A4.jpg
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

Really nice! Do you have an estimated launch date? :)

I also suggest joining card collecting groups on Facebook to promote your deck before it launches.
montecarlojoe

Looking good! :)
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Sher143 wrote:Really nice! Do you have an estimated launch date? :)

I also suggest joining card collecting groups on Facebook to promote your deck before it launches.

Sorry I dont have a specific date at this time. At this point I have to say soon, I want to have everything complete before I launch it on Kickstarter. I will definitely keep everyone posted.

Thanks for the support!
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Just a quick update for everyone, just working on fine tuning everything before I launch my deck on kickstarter, wrapping up all the little details. Currently we are working on the pics that will be on kickstarter so everyone can see what items they would like to pledge for.
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards

Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

ETA? :)
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Eoghann wrote:ETA? :)
I should be able to launch in mid to late June
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards