Some help on my playing card deck?

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
djkyota

Some help on my playing card deck?

Unread post by djkyota »

Hi all,
I am pretty new to this forum (just joined, actually) but was looking for some feedback on my designs for a deck project I currently have on Kickstarter. Here is the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/djk ... ying-cards

As you can see, I have a ways to go. I doubt that, without massive support, I will be looking at a finished project here. :/ Not this time around, at least.

I am fairly new to the custom card community, and can tell that I am in over my head. If you have any sorts of positive feedback or criticisms that can be addressed and make for a better project (maybe not this time around, but the next time, if any, that I release this project) I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!
I'm thinking about redoing a lot about my previous KS project :I
RSLancastr
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 2500

Re: Some help on my playing card deck?

Unread post by RSLancastr »

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forum!

I took a quick look at your Kickstarter page, and here are my initial thoughts:

The title "Pelted Primacy" did not 'grab' me. I was not sure what it meant, nor did it intrigue me enough to try and figure it out, sorry.

Do the four suits represent four different species of animal? If so, perhaps you could emphasize this more.

Are the courts supposed to represent actual creatures, or humans dressed up as creatures?

The deck's whole concept is not clear to me (can you tell?)

I did not care for your making the Aces look like the court cards. Perhaps make each Ace show the "coat of arms" for that suit's species (not terribly original I know, but an idea).

Offhand, I thought the four species also looked too similar.

The pips are interesting, but I feel as though they should be less alike than they currently are (perhaps include claws, etc, to match the suit's "species"?)

Hope this helps,

-RSL
-Marcel Marceau