monday

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
danielblakemore

monday

Unread post by danielblakemore »

Thanks for the feedback, I agree with most points you made. Back to the drawing board! cheers!
TGunitedcardists

Re: Monday Australia

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

To be brutally honest, I would abort all your efforts on this deck, unless it's just a personal project for yourself.

It would not be used for magic, as magicians use decks that look like "normal" decks, which means standard court cards and number cards, or as close to it. Anything else, people are suspicious that they are marked.

This deck could not be used for poker and I can't see how it would be used in any game. It's plain, doesn't really have a theme, and no one would pay money for it.

Honestly, it is a waste of time to continue with this project, unless it is something you, and only you, are in love with.
JuFiN
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: Monday Australia

Unread post by JuFiN »

I kinda like the backs. The color scheme in general is appealing. Would love to see some face cards and aces. For a relatively simple deck I think a simple recolor of standard courts to match the bright colors you have now would be cool.

The 6 of hearts you show has no hearts on it, or anything in a count of 6. If that is the case with all number cards it makes the deck very hard to use for most any game. Legibility is key when enjoying a card game. The circles you have now aren’t bad and could be cool for cardistry but I would love to see the addition of 6 hearts in some way.