New deck design, designer needs feedback, thanks...

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
Whaam
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by Whaam »

Hey all,
I have a new deck design to show you guys and I'm really interested in what you got to say here.
It's something new..and different (I hope). Please take a close look at all cards, tuck and back.. Your feedback is greatly appreciated...
Thank you

Johnny

badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Whaam I moved your topic into this section

Your deck looks promising. Good job
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes

Re: New deck design, designer needs feedback, thanks...

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Shouldn't this deck be called "Profile" instead of "Profil"? I'm not digging the monochrome color scheme on the courts, plus even though your courts aren't exactly repeating, there's not enough variation between the different courts - all the queens look like each other, all the kings and jacks as well.
badpete69

Unread post by badpete69 »

Sinjin

Profil is french for Profile. I am sure he wanted it that way but let's see

Edit: Yes the courts do look similar except for the hairdos and wrinkles on the faces. In looking at the number cards and pips more closely I think they are so so
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

The first thing I notice is how the back is just grey and red. I understand the tuck is almost completely green but perhaps that can change. And balance out the back with some green accents (unless you're planning a red and a green version). Also the tuck front could be spiced up with changing the green King or Queen for a red one. As for the court cards, if you want to go with the monochromatic color scheme I could suggest utilizing different shades of it. The green between the courts could be a shade darker, same for the red. That way the courts would pop instead of blending in as they are right now.

I'm really digging the intricacies of the design but I feel it's bordering on the chaotic. There's pinstripes, swirls, dotted lines, wavy lines all over. Add to that the multicolored pips, it can get pretty busy. Maybe changing the pips to a solid color with a thick border might help relieve some tension. Not to mention that the pip design could be hard to read from across a table.
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

I think the profile is an interesting concept, but I agree that you may want to consider adding more variation to the courts so that they're easily distinguishable. I agree with using different shades of red and green. As it is right now, it looks a little flat and I think the different shading will add more depth and allow certain elements to really stand out.

Is this a collectable playing cards deck?
Whaam
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

New deck design, need feedback (new pic)

Unread post by Whaam »

Thanks guys. Made some changes, might work better this way (?), different shades of green really makes the difference.
I spelled Profile wrong (or french :), thought it'll be more interesting name.
How about this new, colder green, does it work better?

I wanted to achieve subtle difference between courts and except for the basic "body" shape and position all details are different from one pic to another. Faces (profiles), hairstyles (and beards), crown decoration, decorative lines... Even the pattern made and used for clothes, 12 patterns used though each KQJ of same suit has similar pattern (but different still) to make them even more unique..
And, swords and...design in corners, 12 of those (with small pips inside decorations for Q)..

I'll do some changes on tuck and back too...
Was planning to go on Kickstarter with this one too..(when it's done)

Johnny