Magic Review: Kung Fu Foot by Héctor Mancha

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: Kung Fu Foot by Héctor Mancha

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Kung Fu Foot
Creator: Héctor Mancha
Publisher: Vanishing Inc.
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: Intermediate
DVD Run time: 41 mins

Type of effect: Find a spectator’s card

Manufacturer's Write Up:

How do you reveal a card onstage? It has to be something dynamic, physical, and memorable. Cue Kung Fu Foot! Created and honed to perfection by FISM Grand Champion Héctor Mancha, this hilarious card revelation allows you to stab a card from midair... with your foot!

Kung Fu Foot works with any pair of socks and pants and minimal one-time preparation. You receive a custom-manufactured gimmick that allows you to "catch" a card between your toes, through your socks. The effect is easy to do and perfect for parlor, platform, and stage performances. You can even do it up close, so long as you have the space to toss a pack of cards into the air.

You also receive a 42-minute online video instruction from Hector Mancha, taking you through each phase of his brilliant "Card to Foot" effect.

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception

What's in the box? Device (rig), force card and download code to the 41 min video

Key points:

Works with any deck of cards
Perform surrounded
Detailed instruction
Ninjas not included.

How are the production values: This is filmed in a white brick garage with an old bike and fireman’s gear in the background. I don’t think Héctor Mancha is wearing a mic, nor is there any background music, so it’s very echoey. I watch a lot of magic instructions from performers with accents, I did find Héctor Mancha very thick and hard to understand at times.

Filmed in a white brick garage with an old bike and a fireman’s gear
Need black socks / uses black art
Force the card
Comes with a card, but you could use any deck with an extra card

Is it well made: Héctor Mancha gives you all of the materials, but in truth it’s a lot of parts you could have acquired on your own. He even gives you a force card, but you will need to use a new card for each performance as the card will be destroyed. No, it’s a duplicate and can not be signed.

Is it well taught: Héctor Mancha does spend a considerable amount of time on the DIY and performance portions.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" This is an entire rig that will be “wired” through your entire lower half. It also relies on black art and you will need to wear black socks. The reset on this is – not fast and will have to be done “back stage.” Also you are left “dirty” at the end of the effect and Héctor Mancha attempts to give you a comical way out.

Does it "play big?" I think it plays “funny.” I don’t know how adapt you’ll be at convincing your audience that you caught the card with your foot.

Difficulty / Skill level required: Being that this involves a rig that you need to wear PLUS the dirty clean up at the end, I’d say this might not be great for beginners.

How much arts and crafts are involved? Héctor Mancha gives you everything you need, but the rig will require specific items of clothing and some wardrobe adaptation. No, you can’t wear shorts.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) In the right situation.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
__X___ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts I really don’t like the clean up at the end of this trick and I don’t really do comedy magic. This would make a great trick to do at parties, especially for kids – they’d love it!

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6QWQhlab8c
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/