Magic Review: VISION by Mickael Chatelain

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: VISION by Mickael Chatelain

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: VISION
Creator: Mickael Chatelain
Publisher: Gimmick Magic
MSRP: $ 25
Skill Level: Intermediate
DVD Run time: 9:11

Type of effect: card trick

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Hand your deck of cards to a spectator, and ask him to exam and shuffle it.
It's a standard deck, all the cards are different.
Take back the cards...

The cards are face down in your hands. Ribbon spread the cards and ask a spectator to touch any card - really, ANY card.
At this point, no one can know the identity of the card as the deck has been shuffled and the cards are all still face down.
Close your eyes or turn your head so that you'll see NOTHING!
Show your spectator the card he just touched and replace it in the deck in its original place, changing nothing, manipulating nothing.
The deck is immediately placed in the center of the table.

Point out that in such conditions, it would seem totally impossible that you could discover the chosen card.
Concentrate for a few seconds before writing the name of the card on a piece of paper.
As you turn over the paper, invite the spectator to name the card that he had simply touched. It's impossible, but you have divined the correct card!

How is this possible with a freely-chosen card from an ordinary deck shuffled by a spectator? You've seen NOTHING, yet you were able to name the chosen card!
Those are questions no one will be able to answer!

With Vision, you'll be able to perform two effects and more - you'll truly amaze your audience!
How accurate is the ad copy? No deception

What's in the box?

The handmade gimmick, and the download code available in both French and English

Key points:

Use your own ordinary deck.
No marking or other points of reference.
No inks or chemical products.
No force. The spectator really can select or name ANY card!
Instant reset.
Nothing to hide - your hands are empty!
Easy to do.
Many effects possible. The secret is completely invisible.
Machine-made to assure quality. The gimmick will surprise you by its simplicity and its effectiveness!

How are the production values: The entire thing feels as though it was filmed at a noisy diner during Mickael Chatelain’s lunch break. You get a straight on table shot and an over the shoulder table shot.

Is it well made: this is a machine-made gimmick and it is made very well. I would also add that even though it comes in Bicycle, it’s a standard face and could be easily adapted to any deck that uses standard faces – you don’t “need” to see the back design. For fans of magic history, yes, this is a “classic” mentalism tool being used in a new way.

Is it well taught: Mickael Chatelain has a thick accent, but it does not distract from the teaching, the video is only 9 minutes long so there are not a lot of extras outside of the presentation and quick explanation. Mickael would advise a load and a ditch of the gimmick so that the deck can be examined, but it’s not necessary, card looks normal and could pass a “fast” examination.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Same as a “thick card.”

Does it "play big?" Mickael Chatelain offers to effects, finding a spectator’s chosen card, or having a deck shuffled and then identifying each card face down.

Difficulty / Skill level required: Feels self working, but it will take practice so that it’s not obvious to your spectators as to what you are doing.

How much arts and crafts are involved? None

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) with practice

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____ Very Satisfied
__X___ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts I do really like this a lot and apparently so did a lot of Magicians at the 2017 Blackpool convention where this effect SOLD OUT!

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMnSdliJzqU
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/