Sublime Self Working Card Tricks by John Carey & BBM

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Sublime Self Working Card Tricks by John Carey & BBM

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Sublime Self Working Card Tricks
Creator: John Carey
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 27
Skill Level: Beginner
DVD Run time: (?)

Type of effect: DVD of 10 beginner level effects

Manufacturer's Write Up: Renowned card worker John Carey has a stellar reputation for creating practical, powerful card magic. Tricks that play brilliantly, and shock audiences, but are eminently DO-ABLE. Carey is known for employing clever thinking and choreography rather than complex moves and techniques, but on this project he has distilled it down even further and crafted 10 routines that require NO sleight of hand AT ALL!

Often entirely impromptu, these routines are simple in method but staggeringly impactful.

The TEN sleight-free tricks include gems like:

Yes, You CAAN - a brilliant self-working 'Card At Any Number' routine that requires NO DECK! Everything you need will slip into your wallet, and you'll be prepped for a total mindblower anytime/anywhere!

Sync - a thought of card routine that seems utterly impossible - a card 'constructed' by your audience is divined with almost zero procedure. Super clean. Super awesome!

One Hand & One Card - a card is selected, disappears from the deck and then appears in your pocket. ALL WHILE YOU HAVE ONE HAND STUFFED IN YOUR POCKET! Super clean. Ridiculously easy.

Plus seven more stunning examples stuffed with cheeky ruse's and deceptive routining in place of difficult sleights to make you look like a mega-skilled card shark.

Featured routines -

1. Opening Time
2. Think as I Think
3. One Hand & One Card
4. Yes You CAAN!
5. Scattered
6. A la Goldman
7. Dice CAAN
8. Sync
9. Make Believe (a coin effect!)
10. Redford Unplugged

How accurate is the ad copy? Good hype – no deception

What's in the box? Single DVD with 10 effects, a performance video and an explanation video

Key points: You'll be able to perform all ten routines immediately and really concentrate on engaging with your spectators and creating magical moments.

How are the production values: BBM always makes good videos. Multiple camera angles, simple, easy to follow teaching, everything is well mic’d, well set with beautiful assistants.

Is it well taught: John Carey is a very soft spoken, slow, easy to follow teacher. It’s almost like learning magic from your Sunday School teacher.

Difficulty / Skill level required: Zero – these effects are even easier than previous “no skill” BBM titles. I was able to “learn” all of these effects without ever watching the explanations. They are THAT easy.

How much arts and crafts are involved? Zero

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Very easy

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____ Very Satisfied
___X__ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts I love no skill card tricks – you say, “self working” and I dial right in, but even these effects were TOO EASY for my taste. I think these tricks would be great for those just starting out in card magic, and would like some simple card magic beyond the “dover” offerings of yesteryear.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfQLVrXVQgY
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/