Magic Review: Parallels by Think & Alakazam

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: Parallels by Think & Alakazam

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Parallels
Creator: Think Nguyen
Publisher: Alakazam
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: Intermediate
DVD Run time: Over 2 hours of card magic

Type of effect: Intermediate card magic

Manufacturer's Write Up: Think is a professional close up magician from Belgium, who specializes in card magic. Humble and quite reserved, he has only shared his magic with a select few people until now. He has contributed effects for magazines such as Arcana (Korea) and Vanish (USA), to name a few, whereby his creations have been well received by the magic community.

Think's well-guarded secrets have continued to generate interest within the underground magic scene. His ideas and effects have allowed him to travel the world, sharing his unique style and presentations over many conventions and lectures.

In this DVD, Think has handpicked some of his favorite routines and sleights. There is something for everyone, from beginner to advanced card magic. His handling is elegant and subtle; the effects are mesmerizing and baffling. Magicians often describe his magic as if the cards are coming to life in his hands.

With extraordinary card magic that will baffle and entertain any audience, Parallels is sure to set the standard for the future of card magic for years to come, and is just the tip of the iceberg from this rising star.

How are the production values: Alakazam makes great professional videos – multiple camera angles, both of the talent is mic’d, shot well – with live performances and many times Think re-shows the performance back in the studio just for David.

Is it well taught: David Loosley from Alakazam accompanies Think Nguyen and helps him teach & break down each effect.

Difficulty / Skill level required: Intermediate to advance

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

__X___ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts I was glad for David Loosley to be on this project, he kept all the instruction clear and helped be the eyes and ears of the viewer at home.

For me, the magic was strong, but it wasn’t my style. Think performs as “the advanced card handler” and a lot of his tricks are about him “manipulating the deck” and finding the mates of chosen cards. And even though the effects were all very creative and different, I wasn’t taken in by any story or patter that made the effects “interesting.”

This is certainly strong card magic, and I think fans of this style will eat this up and find LOTS to fill their creative bellies with.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRdrZE-PMqw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/