Magic Review: SHERLOCK'OIN by Riboulet and Stan

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: SHERLOCK'OIN by Riboulet and Stan

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Sherlock'oin
Creator: Thomas Riboulet and Anthony Stan
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 42.48

Type of effect: Vanishing object box

Manufacturer's Write Up: From the minds of Thomas Riboulet and Anthony Stan, all the way from France.

Sherlock'oin is an effect of pure magic! This is one of the most direct and clean methods of sending an object to an "impossible" place.

A selected and signed card is lost in the middle of the deck. You put all the cards back in the box and you borrow a coin from your audience. The coin is signed by a spectator and you make the coin magically disappear. The signed coin reappears instantly in the box and in the middle of the deck on the signed card! Audiences are amazed!

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception

Tricks that it is similar to:

Captivity by Rodolphe Candela
Block buster by Tony D'Amico
In a flash by Jay Sankey

What's in the box? You will receive a custom gimmick printed by United States Playing Card Company, ready to use immediately and the download code for the video.

Key points:

45 minutes of detailed instructions (English and French)
Easy to learn - Instant reset
Spectator signs the card and the coin
You can even use a borrowed ring

How are the production values: Thomas Riboulet and Anthony Stan talking to you, there is some language dubbing. Stationary camera shot over the shoulder to give you a magician’s view.

Is it well made: This is handmade and should last you a long time.

Is it well taught: Chiefly the initial routine is taught, with some variations and ideas. I would have liked a section on making your own from your favorite deck (although it is obvious).

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" It is the size of a standard deck of cards – and the ring or the coin can be borrowed.

Does it "play big?" Wonderful because it’s three tricks in one, it’s a card trick a vanish and an impossible location.

Difficulty / Skill level required: Very simple, does not require any sleights.

How much arts and crafts are involved? None, but since the trick involves a signed card, you will need to keep replacing the deck with new cards to maintain it’s size.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Easily, however the deck is a “one hit wonder” and you can not use it for any other effects.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

__X___ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts: This a very powerful piece of magic than anyone of any skill level can do.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvqKr7x2f1Q
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/