Leap of Faith by Sans Minds Creative Labs

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Leap of Faith by Sans Minds Creative Labs

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Leap Of Faith
Publisher: Sans Minds
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: Intermediate
DVD Run time: 49 minutes

Type of effect: Variation of Strange Travelers by Paul Harris

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Leap of faith creates a powerful connection between you and your spectator. SansMinds Creative Lab has modernized a classic plot and made it even more streamline and visual.

Imagine a thought of card, that only the spectator knows, visually vanishes in the performer's hand and reappears in the spectator's hand. No more complicated moves and you can quickly reset the effect.

When the effect is finished you will leave your spectator an impossible experience and a question in mind. How did you do it? This is Leap of Faith. Check out the trailer now to experience the impossible moment!

How accurate is the ad copy? This is basically the solution to ‘what would happen if the princess card trick and strange travelers had a baby?’

What's in the box? DVD and a few needed supplies to build your gimmick.

How are the production values: Sans Minds always makes great DVDs, Jason is on the street doing the live performances – and Herman is back in the studio teaching you everything you need to know.

Is it well made: You make the gimmick, the reason it was not made for you is that it is very labor intensive. A good portion of this DVD is in gimmick constriction, be prepared to do a lot of arts and crafts.

Is it well taught: The entire first half of the DVD is gimmick construction and setup – the remainder is teaching you the routine.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" 10 cards total including your “thick” gimmick.

Does it "play big?" If you’ve seen David Blaine perform strange travelers (un-gimmicked, I might add) then you’ve seen the reaction you can get from this effect.

Difficulty / Skill level required: You will need to build a convincing gimmick that involves, cut, paste, tape, and card splitting.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) As always with thick gimmicked cards, your angles are the “lines” that get created by light and shadow – be wary of them.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
__X__ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

To be honest, I am terrible at gimmick building, glue gets everywhere and I can’t card split to save my life. At the end of the day $30 is too much for me for the amount of time and work that I still need to put into this bad boy.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ZMZ70cbDQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/