Spell - O - Matic by Liam Montier & BBM

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Spell - O - Matic by Liam Montier & BBM

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Spell o Matic
Creator: Liam Montier
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 25
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 24 minutes

Type of effect: spell to a spectator’s card

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Based on an original idea by Hen Fetsch, the SPELL-O-MATIC is an astonishing piece of card magic.

Imagine having a spectator name ANY card, and you spell straight to it! Then, another spectator does the same, and you spell to that too!

Then you have both spectators 'create a card', one naming a suit at random, and another naming a value! BOOM! It turns up when you spell!

Finally, both spectators create a card again, but they don't even tell you their choices! One chooses a suit, one a value, and you drop the deck to the table. For the first time, both choices are named, and you spell it, from the table top, with no moves or sneaky stuff! AND THEIR CARD TURNS UP WHEN YOU SPELL IT!

Works with any number of freely thought-of cards!
Easy to do - no sleight of hand!
Perform it entirely in the hands!
Perfect for walk around!
No reset required!
No Forces!

How accurate is the ad copy? Well… if I am to be technical… you do need to “reset” the deck after each selection, but it’s not hard. I would also add that “no sleight of hand” is a little inaccurate, there is a sleight… sleight that involves a “feeling” and “hitting” your card exactly otherwise this trick won’t work.

What's in the box? A specially prepared Bicycle Deck packaged with full color pamphlet instructions, plus downloadable HD video instructions!

Key points:

How are the production values: This DVD is well shot with a beautiful rustic location. BBM always makes wonderful videos. No distracting background music. Nice bumpers and Liam is a terrific teacher.

Is it well made: This is a USPCC deck with a few gaffs thrown in.

Is it well taught: Liam is a terrific teacher and he goes over the performance and the “science” behind why this works.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Most of the deck is normal, so storage wise, this won’t be an issue, otherwise if you leave it all together, it’s an entire deck – nothing more nothing less.

Does it "play big?" This is almost an ACAAN routine, with almost no effort, the magician is able to conjure up and find any card named.

Difficulty / Skill level required: This trick is very easy, but you will need to practice the “feel” of this to get into a habit of making it hit 100% every time.

How much arts and crafts are involved? Zero – BBM has done all of the work for you. That said, once you learn how it’s done – you could make your own with any deck design.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Absolutely, although this effect works BETTER with 2 or 3 spectators.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

The combination of Big Blind Media and Liam Montier is a powerhouse and this effect is no exception. Throw away any spelling effect you are currently doing and grab this!

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGEAs_J8rUw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/