Deceive by SansMinds Creative Labs

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Deceive by SansMinds Creative Labs

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Deceive
Creator: Sans Minds
Publisher: Sans Minds
MSRP: $ 25
Skill Level: Intermediate
DVD Run time: 41 minutes

Type of effect: signed card transposition

Manufacturer's Write Up:

SansMinds Creative Lab team is always pushing boundaries in revolutionary ways to enhance audience experiences.

SansMinds is proud to present to you Deceive. A revolution in spectator's hand card change that not only the spectator you are performing for can feel the magic, everyone around can SEE the visual change too!

Text description doesn't justify how powerful this is. Check out the trailer, NOW!

* Fully customizable with your favorite playing card designs
* Package includes gimmick material

* TV rights not included with purchase. Please contact SansMinds for TV rights.

How accurate is the ad copy? in the commercial. Christopher Dwyer states that after the transformation you are left "completely clean." That statement is not true as the deck will still be "dirty."

What's in the box? DVD and "pieces" to build your own gimmick

Key points: build the gimmick well and it should last you a long time.

How are the production values: SandsMinds knows how to make professional looking DVDs

Is it well made: as with most sansminds products - you make it and to be honest I am not an arts and crafts guy. This trick relies on an old card gaff (with a new twist) coupled with a familiar "ambitious card" ending. BUT.... this type of card gaff does not "look" (or feel) right under scrutiny. So be very wary of your performance areas and be extremely careful when you build this.

Is it well taught: Similar to other SansMins products, Jason does the trick on the street and Herman teaches it back in the studio. 12 minutes is entirely gimmick construction, which for a "first timer" will take you longer. In addition to all of the teaching, they also teach you the double lift, swing cut, double under-cut and the pinky break.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" the gaff is the size of a playing card

Does it "play big?" this trick does get strong reactions.

Difficulty / Skill level required: This is certainly for a magician who is already proficient at card magic and has had some experience working with an audience.

How much arts and crafts are involved? tons

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Yes it can with some work, bear in mind this is a deck "set up" and can't just be slipped into your deck in the middle of your routine.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____ Very Satisfied
X Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

Sadly another effect where I wish there was an option to have this professionally made, I realize this drives up the price, but I think this is one of those gimmicks that will require some precision and careful attention.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIXi68ZZ4gw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/