Vegas Aces by Cody Fisher

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Vegas Aces by Cody Fisher

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Vegas Aces
Creator: Cody Fisher
Publisher: The Magic Estate
MSRP: $ 25
Skill Level: Intermediate
DVD Run time: 17 minutes

Type of effect: Cards across routine

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Expose the secret techniques of Las Vegas gamblers! Straight from Cody Fisher's personal arsenal of strolling magic effects, get ready for LAS VEGAS ACES!

In an effort to expose the secret techniques of Las Vegas gamblers, you magically cause the four aces to travel invisibly from hand to hand. The last ace is magically rubbed through the volunteer's hand!

This is Cody's KILLER version of "The Open Travelers." What was once a very sleight intensive routine is now almost self-working. There is no difficult sleight of hand or secret palming. Make no mistake about it; this routine is a real fooler!

Online learning with HD video
Easy to perform with instant reset
Perfect for strolling or formal shows
Complete word-for-word script

How accurate is the ad copy? It does say "easy" to perform and I guess it's all in how you define "easy" and who you are talking to. Everyone has their own levels of difficulty. This trick does require learning a particular routine that involves several card sleights.

What's in the box? 2 gimmicks for red & blue rider back decks + the code to watch the instructions online (download not available)

Key points: As per the ad copy this is Cody Fisher's version of Open Travelers by Larry Jennings

How are the production values: Dynamite! This is a great instructional video, nice tight shot of the table and cards, nothing goes too fast and you learn it easy the first time.

Is it well made: Cards made from USPCC

Is it well taught: Cody Fisher has a great teaching voice and he cleanly and clearly teaches you everything you need to know.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): Magician's who know this trick and know how to "watch" for moves - will be fooled by this presentation.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" All you need is the deck of card and the one additional gaff.

Does it "play big?" Great gambling routine, this will play well for an audience who is interested in learning some gambling secrets.

Difficulty / Skill level required: Sleights required, double lift, holding two cards as one, the palm, the tent and rub-a-dub vanish.

How much arts and crafts are involved? zero, simply add it to your deck and you're set to go

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Absolutely, however this works best for the strolling magician who has a table.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

This is a terrific magic trick and a wonderful video and gaff - can't say a single negative thing about this.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX7Oe18akTI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/
magixfusion
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Vegas Aces by Cody Fisher

Unread post by magixfusion »

I personally like this effect. Not just for the effect, but with what is provided, so many other effects can be performed. What you get is unique in that sense.