Trilogy Extreme by Brian Caswell & Alakazam

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Trilogy Extreme by Brian Caswell & Alakazam

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Trilogy Extreme
Creator: Brian Caswell
Publisher: Alakazam Magic
MSRP: $ 40
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 45 minutes

Type of effect: three card prediction effect

Manufacturer's Write Up:

3 Times the Effect 100 Times the Impact! This has got to be one of the finest card and number routines ever created. When Trilogy was released it blew the minds of everyone that witnessed it and because of its success many similar effects hit the market BUT these were just pretenders to the Trilogy throne!

With the way playing card technology has changed the classic effect has been moved to the limit.

Trilogy Extreme has all the impact of the ground-breaking original version BUT now the deck is in play and on the table from the start. This is not Trilogy streamline this is Trilogy proper.

Trilogy is in the act of so many working professionals from stage to close-up, and from mentalists to magicians. Trilogy Extreme will now become the staple in card and number effects.

You name a random card, spectator one names a number. You name a second random card and a second spectator names a different number. Finally, YOU name a number and spectator three names ANY CARD he likes. Get this, you ALWAYS choose first! Bet you can see where this is going and are already thinking how the...!

OK - here goes: You open the card case and remove the deck. You freely show that all 52 cards have different numbers on them. You remove the card spectator number 3 named and place it face up on their hand. You now turn the deck over and remove the cards bearing the numbers spectators one and two named. When you flip over the first two you have an exact match card/numbers! The third card is still face up, remember spectator three had a free choice of ANY card. It couldn't possibly be, could it? The spectator turns it over - it's the exact number you named!!! All three spectators are left holding the exact card/number match that they picked!

How clean is TRILOGY? Well, there are NO sleights There are NO forces, NO one-ahead and NO sticky cards.

How accurate is the ad copy? no deception

What's in the box? Comes complete with the high quality Trilogy Extreme deck and instructional DVD and access to additional bonus effects including Peter Nardi's new 3 coin routine!

Key points: very similar to Thought Wave Extreme I just reviewed also by Alakazam

How are the production values: Alakazam makes great products, and this is another wonderful DVD

Is it well made: Phoenix brand deck made in Germany

Is it well taught: The first 14 minutes of the DVD is setup, after that Peter and David run through the presentation. If you've seen Peter and David teach a trick before, you're in for the same great team. Peter also teaches how to do this trick with envelopes as well as how to perform this on stage as a chair test.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): although this trick CAN be done for a single spectator, (Peter does teach you 2 handlings for a single spectator) it does work best if it is done for 3 spectators.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" You will need the full gimmicked deck for this effect

Does it "play big?" I think any time you can do a card trick that includes more people at the table you create a shared experience that certainly plays big.

Difficulty / Skill level required: this is very easy to do

How much arts and crafts are involved? Yes, you will have to "write" on the backs of all your cards - don't make any mistakes

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) this is great for a venue where you naturally have multiple spectators probably at a table

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

Alakazam has another real winner here, but as noted above this effect (and solution) is very similar to Thought Wave Extreme so I would not purchase both

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhopPOWB83c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/