The Deal Sealer by Cody Fisher & The Magic Estate

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

The Deal Sealer by Cody Fisher & The Magic Estate

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Deal Sealer
Creator: Cody Fisher
Publisher: Magic Estate
MSRP: $ 25
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 36 minutes

Type of effect: 3 1/2 of clubs trick

Manufacturer's Write Up:

THE DEAL SEALER is Cody Fisher's closely-guarded secret for locking in a great impression and increasing your chances of new bookings. Cody Fisher is finally ready to share with you his encore effect that he uses to solidify his relationship with a potential client or contact. You will learn all of the psychology that will take simple effect and turn it into a mind blowing moment for your new client or contact. This is the effect that they will remember you for... THE DEAL SEALER!

Online learning with HD video
A classic card trick taken to the next level
Simple to do with no difficult moves
Killer psychology on the 3 1/2 of clubs card that sets this version apart from the rest
Two special cards included
Cody Fisher personally uses this routine to meet and create personal contacts with new clients

How accurate is the ad copy? Take note of the terminology used, this is a "classic card trick" Is it old? Yes. How old? The originator of the trick was Harold Sterling from the February 1949 issue of Hugard's Magic Monthly.

Also note that it says "Online learning" this means you get to "watch" an online video but you will not be able to download it.

What's in the box? 2 gimmicked cards (1 red and 1 blue) but if you have ANY gaff deck from the past 10 years - you already own it (hint - it's revealed IN the write up). You also get a link to a video that you can watch online.

Key points: Ok, so if this is just 3 1/2 of clubs trick, why am I going to spend $25 on it? Well because this is Cody Fisher's routine. True, you may already own the gimmick, but you don't know how Cody does it (that's why there is no performance in the trailer). There is more to the routine than just the presentation. What you get is also Cody's psychology behind his routine.

Cody has carefully thought out what makes this trick work (and not work) and so he has meticulously broken this trick down to it's core components and then rebuilt it from the ground up.

How are the production values: Terrific camera work that follows him carefully though the entire teaching - Cody is well lit, well mic'd and is in a distraction free environment.

Is it well made: This is the same Bicycle gimmick you are already familiar with.

Is it well taught: You get a get a real world live performance as well as an extended teaching on Cody's entire routine. Cody gives you an "easy" modified version of this routine that actually requires it's own deck. So he shows you how he "gets in" to it especially if he's been using another deck through his routine.

Again, the "psychology" behind this is what Cody is also teaching - you are learning how he brings this trick into play and in what setting. That said, again pay careful attention to the add copy "Cody Fisher personally uses this routine to meet and create personal contacts with new clients" So this is another aspect of what is being "taught." This is not just a standard "3 1/2 of cards trick" it is a "deal sealer" to make new clients or get that "last tip" from a table.

I would say that Cody's target audience is the working professional. This is for the corporate or strolling magician at an event or party.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" The gimmick seamlessly fits into a standard deck, although Cody will teach you how to set up and prepare an entire deck.

Does it "play big?" This again is Cody's point, if performed at the right time with his presentation this can be the trick that "seals the deal"

Difficulty / Skill level required: two basic forces and a deck stack

How much arts and crafts are involved? the way Cody teaches it, there are some light arts n crafts. Nothing too hard

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) of course !

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
X Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

I gotta say, I was really hoping for more than it was. I like Cody's presentation of this routine, but the average magician doesn't need the card or the packaging, this could have been sold as a $15 download and felt more in the zone price point wise.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIlAgi4DksY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/