Lucky Card by Costa Fantastico & Magic Tao

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Lucky Card by Costa Fantastico & Magic Tao

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Lucky Card
Creator: Costa Funtastico
Publisher: Magic Tao
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 14 minutes

Type of effect: card to impossible location

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Have you ever wanted to control your own luck? Now you can.

A folded card is held with a paperclip, on top of a random card. You explain that this is your lucky card. You have a card selected, signed and then lost in the deck. You then point to the folded card. You tip the lucky card into the spectator's hand for them to open. To their amazement, it is their signed card!

Custom made gimmick supplied.

"Lucky card is a great little gimmick that is so easy to use and really packs a punch! It's not often that I use other people's material, but I REALLY dig this!" - Danny Weiser

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception

What's in the box? single gimmick and code to download a 14 minute video

Key points: for the price, the customer does not seem to be getting much

How are the production values: Magic Tao always makes good quality videos, however this one was very short

Is it well made: Mine did not appear to be, it's not something I would trust to be 100% sure fire, nor does it "look" like what it's supposed to look like.

Is it well taught: Everything is included and I did feel well informed

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Gimmick is only the size of a playing card and would easily rest in your shirt pocket until you were ready

Does it "play big?" the card to impossible location always plays big, so long as in this routine you focus more on your presentation and less on your "convincing" that the gimmick is fair.

Difficulty / Skill level required: This will take working knowledge of a few sleights and card controls as well as being able to effectively navigate a deceptive switch and ditch.

How much arts and crafts are involved? zero

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) It can and I will say this is a worker, although if you're already doing a "paper clip" style switch, there is no need to pick this one up.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
X Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

Again, at the end of the day, this would have scored higher if it were cheaper or if I physically got more for my money. A physical DVD - a longer DVD - two gimmicks etc

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BwaiJ5mWRY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/