Clign by Anthony Stan & Magic Smile Productions

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Clign by Anthony Stan & Magic Smile Productions

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Clign
Creator: Anthony Stan
Publisher: Magic Smile
MSRP: $ 19.95 / if you choose to build the gimmick it's $10
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 50 minutes

Type of effect: Color Change

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Learn how to do incredible card changes without touch! A card is inserted in the middle of the deck. Now, it's impossible to manipulate the cards.

You just put your hand in front of the card and it changes to the chosen card (as an example). You can give the card and the deck out for examination.

Clign is simple, visual and practical. Anthony teaches everything you need to know: including 7 effects, extra variations and ideas.

Clign allows you to achieve a lot of powerful effects:

Appearing card, vanishing card, color change, transposition, cigarette penetration, prediction change, trick with a borrowed smartphone, etc.
Easy to do
Visual, Simple, and Practical
Over 40 minutes of detailed instructions (English / Français)
7 powerful effects ( Print, Card to pocket, Under the cello, Photo, Cigarette through card, A-cross, Moving ink)
Variations and bonus ideas included
Endless possibilities

How accurate is the ad copy? Well, I don't know if the possibilities are truly endless, Anthony does seem to exhaust quite a few of what could be done with this. I also would not say this is "practical" - the trick involves a gaff which you need to set up and ditch, so it's actually very gnacky.

What's in the box? "gimmick" and download code to instructional video

How are the production values: The video had medium production values with multiple angles

Is it well made: You make it, but only through a small amount of arts n crafts.

Is it well taught: No, and the video takes a hit here for me, the teaching is all done with subtitles with absolutely no thought to patter or story - several of the effects were too difficult for me to figure out through pantomime. I had to go back and watch them again to figure out what was happening.

My favorite effects were the two card transposition and the jumping ink effect.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" gimmick is a standard playing card thickness - it's very small and would easily store away in your tuck box with your cards.

Does it "play big?" It is a very unusual and original looking color change that I think will grab people's attention.

Difficulty / Skill level required: it's fairly simple after practicing it a few times.

How much arts and crafts are involved? very little

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) I still think it's too dirty to perform in a real world setting, the movement can even have an audible sound not to mention that your body gives away other "tells" as to what is happening. Great for video or television though.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
X Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

In the end, you should watch the trailer a few times and listen to other reviews, decide for yourself if you think this is a worthwhile color change for your routining,

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry42GijM2h0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/