Magic Review: Inflexion by David Loosley & Alakazam

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: Inflexion by David Loosley & Alakazam

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Inflexion
Creator: David Loosley
Publisher: Alakazam
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: Intermediate
DVD Run time: 1 hour 27 minutes

Type of effect: card switch

Manufacturer's Write Up: "The best trick I've seen at Blackpool... Superb!" - Jeff McBride 2016

Alakazam Magic is proud to present Dave Loosley's killer three phase transposition effect, straight from his working set. Inflexion is an easy to perform visual transposition between two playing cards.

The spectator experiences ultra-visual magic as they witness the precise moment that a playing card changes place with the one inside their own hand.

How accurate is the ad copy? Nothing deceptive here

What's in the box? DVD and needed gaff pieces

Key points: Inflexion comes supplied with a full in-depth training DVD and two custom made gimmicks created by Dave Loosley and manufactured by master card engineer Rob Bromley.

How are the production values: Great! It's David & Peter Nardi in that green screen British living room we've all seen before.

Is it well made: The gaff is incredible - I have never seen anything like it on this scale.

Is it well taught: yes, and it is even taught with a few variations

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I liked everything about this from the DVD instruction to the gaff - this is a dynamite product.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" All you need is the gaff card and one extra thing.

Does it "play big?" This is a great addition to Dr Daley's last trick (which is one of David Blaine's go to tricks) aka "two card Monte"

Difficulty / Skill level required: Intermediate - it really isn't that difficult but it does involve a few "moves" that would come a little easier to someone who had a little more experience.

How much arts and crafts are involved? you will need to assemble the gimmick, but the hard stuff has all been done for you.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) I'd say yes - but it's typical gaff card magic - so you'll have to get it "in" and "out" with no detection.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

This takes that old 2 card Monte routine and shoots it up with lightning - the spectator actually witnesses the switch happen in a blink of their own eye.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y__iW7yCQsM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/