Fixed Fate by Cameron Francis & Big Blind Media

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Fixed Fate by Cameron Francis & Big Blind Media

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Cameron Francis
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time:

Type of effect: Any card to any number

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Predicted Card at PREDICTED NUMBER - a self working miracle! Comes with Bicycle Deck!

The magician hands a blue-backed deck to a spectator, who is then asked to name a random number - let's say they say, 15.

The spectator is asked to turn the deck face up and slowly deal down 15 cards. Every card is clearly different and the spectator stops at the 15th card. Let's say it is the Ten Of Clubs.

The magician reiterates just how fair this was. The spectator chose a random number. The spectator dealt down to THAT number themselves and ended on a card. Both the chosen number and the chosen card were freely arrived at.

The magician shows that, had a different number been named, a different card would have been selected. So that makes it all the more impossible when the Ten Of Clubs is flipped over to reveal that it has a RED BACK! It's the only card from a different deck. However that isn't the biggest shock... that would be the huge number 15 written across the back of the card!

How accurate is the ad copy? Can be a different card and number every time
"within reason."

What's in the box? Yes, it comes with a USPCC Bicycle Deck and full DVD instructions. Fixed Fate - you'll be blowing away your audiences in no time!

Key points: although the deck can be made on your own with the ideas Cameron supplies - you get everything you need!

Self-working
No sleight of hand
Can be a different card and number every time
No gaffs, sticky stuff, rough & smooth, mathematics or memory work
Resets in seconds

How are the production values: Big Blind Media knows how to make a good DVD. Multiple angles, well shot and well lit. Cameron is sitting on a couch in a living room type setting.

Is it well made: Yes

Is it well taught: Cameron really knows his audience and caters to it. No long drawn out explanations where he wastes your time, he gets right to the explanation and very quickly you are grasping the mechanics of each effect.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I love how assessable this trick is. BBM has proven once again that you can combine both POWRFUL and EASY into one routine.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" All you need is the deck of cards

Does it "play big?" Yes the kicker ending surprised even me, and I had already looked at the gaff!

Difficulty / Skill level required: This is a great effect for all skill levels

How much arts and crafts are involved? if you do the effect the way Cameron does it, you will need to "number" your cards with a sharpie and print our the prediction note.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Yes this deck is a real worker

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

BBM has a strong player here, a self working card to any number that doubles as a fooler? Wow! Color me impressed. My favorite trick this month.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIw0KzCE7AI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/