The Foundation by SansMinds Magic - Review

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

The Foundation by SansMinds Magic - Review

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

​Title: The Foundation
Creator: Herman & Jansen teachers (Jason does the performances)
Publisher: Sans Minds
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: beginner
DVD Run time: 2 hour 32 min

Type of effect: card skill instructions

Manufacturer's Write Up:

This isn't an encyclopedia, or a bunch of fancy moves. FOUNDATION, We go through the essentials that you can use in the real world and impress at a moment's notice. We break down all the moves in high detail so that everything is covered; making it extremely easy to follow along. We'll help build your card arsenal so that you can always create a moment of wonder for people, and leave an everlasting impression. Learn to amaze anytime with a deck of card. The ultimate guide to learn amazing card tricks.

Welcome, to The Foundation.

How accurate is the ad copy? It could be a little more descriptive about what you get instead of 'everything is covered' but it's not deceptive.

What's in the box? DVD

Key points: two and a half hours of card magic skills taught. If you've ever wanted (or needed) an all encompassing volume of card skills, you can't go wrong with this.

How are the production values: Sans Minds always makes a good DVD, nice empty backgrounds, crystal clear picture, great sound and waist high performances. A lot of over the shoulder shots and lots of time devoted to each move.

Is it well taught: What is on this volume you ask? Here ya go

Grips / mechanics / biddle
Cuts straight / swing
Shuffles / overhand / hindu / riffle
Spreads / table / in the hand

Technique / pinky break / thumb break / double lift / how to practice
top palm / bottom palm / one hand top palm
classic color change / bottom palm change / twirl change
Double Undercut / riffle control / tilt move
False cut ' 2 packet' / false cut '3 packet'/
duplicate cards / two card transpo
the ambitious card

BONUS MOVE: the spring

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): true, it seems like every magic house has their own version of this idea and true, this one doesn't stand out as being that much more different or special than all the rest, but that doesn't detract from the fact that this is a good resource. Sure wish there had been something like this when I was starting out.

Difficulty / Skill level required: this is a great resource for beginners.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

I have other resources pretty much identical to this and I don't know that the world needs "another one" of these especially when there is so much good instruction out there now, but if you're a big fan of the SansMinds brand and you like their people - this is a great card magic resource for beginners.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsEIqviizJo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/