The Double Lift Project by Liam Montier & Big Blind Media

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

The Double Lift Project by Liam Montier & Big Blind Media

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Liam Montier
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: Beginner
DVD length: 3 hours

Type of effect: Card Magic Instructional DVD

Manufacturer's Write Up: On the Double Lift Project you will find thorough, easy to understand, indepth teaching on fourteen different double lifts. With these moves in your arsenal you will be ready to perform a double lift regardless of the situation. From the top of the deck, the middle of the deck, from a packet of cards - you name it. You will also have the skills to 'get ready' for your double lift using a host of methods - thumb count (at the front or rear of the deck), a pinkie count, pushover and more. Then once you progress further into the DVD Liam will even teach you how to do triple, quadruple (or MORE) turnovers. Make no mistake - there are a lot of techniques, tips and skills to learn and enjoy!

Regardless of whether you are just starting out in magic, or are a seasoned pro, there is something exciting to learn here. And 'The Double Lift Project' will provide utterly essential skills that will elevate your card magic to the next level.

On the second half of the DVD your host, Liam Montier, presents some of the greatest card tricks ever invented - all using just a double lift! Mindblowing routines from the likes of David Solomon, Alex Elmsley & Peter Duffie will arm you with material guaranteed to blow an audience's mind!

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception here. This is exactly what you get

What's in the box? DVD only

THE GET READIES Holding The Deck The Lift Up The Gary Ouelett Get Ready The Push Over Break The Lift Get Ready The Thumb Count The Pinkie Count

THE TURNOVERS The Expert Card Technique Turnover The Book Turnover The Upjogged Turnover The Spin Double The Larry Jenning’s Snap Double The Pages Of Time The Triple Delight Turnover The Crook The Pushoff The Floop The LePaul Flipover The Centre Double Lifts The Forceps The Bro Hamman Packet Double Lifts

THE TRICKS Chicago Opener/Red Hot Mama Fingerprint Trick (David Solomon) Two Card Transpo (Peter Duffie) Leapfrog (Dave Campbell) Double Swap Sandwich (George McBride) Double Swap (Alex Elmsley) The Mona Lisa Card Trick (Mike Skinner)

Key points: The Double Turnover (most usually referred to as a double lift) is perhaps the single most essential move in all of card magic. It is the act of turning over two playing cards whilst creating the impression that you are handling just a single card.

How are the production values: Big Blind Media makes great instructional DVDs, clear menus, HD cameras, good sound and lighting and attractive assistants.

Is it well taught: Liam Montier is very well known throughout the magic industry as being one of the most refreshingly original creators of workable and practical magic. Liam Montier, is truly a fantastic card control resource for all magicians regardless of skill level. I cannot recommend this enough!

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I've seen the DL taught on tons of DVDs as well as read about it in as many books and nobody gives you the extensive information that you need to know like Liam. This is the quintessential source for all your questions and tips. If the DL has always eluded you, if you've felt like you wanted a personal teacher to walk you through it - wait no longer and pick up this DVD. This is where you master your technique.

Like me, you've probably been taught one "get ready" - HA! Liam teaches you six. You're already a pro you say? DOUBLE HA! Liam has some great tips that will improve anybody's game. If a more complete guide exists, I've never heard of it.

My advice, if this is a DVD you might want to pick up, save your pennies and get the Essential Card Magic Tool Box

Overall score: 10/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aal2kzBdkQg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/