False Shuffles and Cuts by Liam Montier & Big Blind Media

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

False Shuffles and Cuts by Liam Montier & Big Blind Media

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Liam Montier
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: Beginner

Type of effect: Instructional card magic DVD

Manufacturer's Write Up: There is nothing more valuable in the card magician's arsenal than the ability to convince your audience you are shuffling the deck, when in actuality you aren't. If your spectator's believe the cards are being mixed, whilst all the time you retain control of their order - then you can perform true MIRACLES! Indeed, this one skill can help transform simple self working tricks into jaw dropping slabs of IMPOSSIBILITY!

There are thousands of ways to false shuffle and cut the deck, but this project is not a cold encyclopaedic list of them. These are the A1, 24 Karat GOLD techniques that host Liam Montier has sought out and road tested on your behalf. To make the grade the featured cut or shuffle had to be practical, utterly deceptive and something YOU WOULD USE!

These powerful, deceptive skills are within the technical reach of any card handler (including some that are SO easy you could do them in your sleep!), and will have you up and running in no time.

Learning just one or two of these techniques is essential, but learning more will enable you to 'mix and match' the skills to create the unquestionable impression that you really are shuffling the pack. These are practical techniques - whether you are working walk-around magic, or sitting at a coffee table with some mates, you will be fooling them all in no time!

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception here. This is exactly what you get

What's in the box? DVD only

Key points: Learn 18 shuffles, 14 cuts and 4 magic tricks

FALSE SHUFFLES Overhand Shuffles Basic Overhand False Shuffles Blind Shuffle Ireland Shuffle Running Cut Shuffle Optical Shuffles Wiggle Woggle Shuffle Optical Shuffle Mike O’Dowd’s Slop Shuffle Stock Shuffles The Lift Shuffle The Jog Shuffle Swing Cut Shuffle Bottom Stock Shuffle Riffle Shuffles False Riffle Shuffles The Push Through The Triumph Shuffle General Shuffles Charlier False Shuffle Up The Ladder

FALSE CUTS Swing Cut Swivel Cut Charlier Cut Bobby Bernard Cut Jay Ose Cut Tarbell 3 Way Cut Royal Road Cut Erdnase Cut Frank Thompson Cut The Cut Owen Packard’s Crane Beak Cut John Bannon’s Flytrap Cut John Bannon’s Crocodile Cut Gary Ouellet Cut Lewis Jones Cut David Acer’s The Trinary Mini Sybil

THE TRICKS Think Of A Card (Paul Curry) Shock Treatment (John Bannon) Triumph (Dai Vernon) Weigh (Erdnase)

How are the production values: Big Blind Media makes great instructional DVDs, clear menus, HD cameras, good sound and lighting and attractive assistants.

Is it well taught: Liam Montier is very well known throughout the magic industry as being one of the most refreshingly original creators of workable and practical magic. Liam Montier, is truly a fantastic card control resource for all magicians regardless of skill level. I cannot recommend this enough!

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I loved that this is a well thought collection of all your favorites. I would add this is a super great resource for beginners. I think Magicians who have an extensive collection of books and DVDs (Tarbell, Royal Road, Erdnase etc) are going to recognize much of this material.

My advice, if this is a DVD you might want to pick up, save your pennies and get the Essential Card Magic Tool Box

Overall score: 10/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://youtu.be/HMRSvii53QY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/