Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks - Liam Montier & BBM

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks - Liam Montier & BBM

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Liam Montier
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: Beginner
DVD length: 1 hour and 32 minutes

Type of effect: Card Magic DVD

Manufacturer's Write Up: Bigblindmedia have sourced eleven of the greatest card tricks ever invented. Magical effects that will simply SLAY audiences. And each of these tricks just so HAPPENS to be self working. That's the key. These tricks are easy enough for a beginner, but STRONG ENOUGH FOR A WORKING PRO!!! And, even better, a lot of this material is very little known.

There are tricks you can do when a friend hands you half a dog-eared deck... and there are tricks that you can perform for a large group that will knock people's socks through their eyeballs.

You often hear magicians say that one of the tricks on their newly purchased DVD was worth the price of the project on it's own. Well, we firmly believe that these eleven tricks ALL fall into that category.

Presented by James Went (host of CBBC's 'Help, My Supply Teacher Is Magic'), Liam Montier, Iain Moran and Owen Packard, the DVD contains tips & thoughts on how to present these routines, as well as a bonus section of some great false cuts if you want to take your magic to the next level. (You don't have to use these. These routines are all 100% sleight free!). Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks - your magic will never be the same again!

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception here. This is exactly what you get

What's in the box? DVD only

Key points: Eleven of the GREATEST self working card tricks ever invented:

1. Contact Colors (Aldo Colombini)
2. Impossible (Mike Austin)
3. Shuffling Lesson (Chad Long)
4. Henry Sugar (Liam Montier)
5. Pre-Prefiguration (Larry Jennings / Mark Elsdon)
6. Your Aces Are Marked (Terry Lagerould)
7. Shufflebored (Simon Aronson)
8. The 7/16 Club (Alex Elmsley)
9. Impossible (Larry Jennings)
10. "4,5,6" (Al Thatcher)
11. Unbelievable (By Shields, F. Michael And Bascom Jones, Jr)

How are the production values: Big Blind Media makes great instructional DVDs, clear menus, HD cameras, good sound and lighting and attractive assistants.

Is it well taught: Liam Montier is very well known throughout the magic industry as being one of the most refreshingly original creators of workable and practical magic. Liam Montier, is truly a fantastic card control resource for all magicians regardless of skill level. I cannot recommend this enough!

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): Not only are all of these tricks great, but Liam gives you so much more bang for your buck. Liam also teaches you two false cuts, two shuffles and a crimp. Plus, in between the teaching, he also offers you his advice on practice, getting out of a jam, and so much more.

My advice, if this is a DVD you might want to pick up, save your pennies and get the Essential Card Magic Tool Box

Overall score: 10/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOc6Oak87Hc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/