Thought Wave Extreme by Gary Jones & Alakazam Magic

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Thought Wave Extreme by Gary Jones & Alakazam Magic

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Thought Wave Extreme
Creator: Gary Jones & Mark Bendell
Publisher: Alakazam Magic
MSRP: $ 36.35
Skill Level: beginner
DVD Run time: 25:46 minutes

Type of effect: prediction style card effect

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Gary Jones is very well known for creating 100% commercial routines, which play as well to the Lay Spectator as they do to magicians. Thought Wave Extreme is no exception!

With Thought Wave Extreme Gary and Mark has taken a principle and given it a new lease of life with an incredible double hit mind reading card routine.

Effect

You start by writing a prediction (sight unseen) on a business card, Post- it note etc. The card is folded and placed on full view on the table.

A small card which contains 52 different symbols is examined by your spectator who then merely thinks of any one of the symbols (this is a totally free choice).

You now write something on another card and once again fold it and place it in full view. At this point you have committed to two predictions without your spectator giving you any information or saying a single word.

You now ask your spectator to draw his symbol on the outside of the first piece of paper. The second prediction is now placed onto the spectators hand and they name aloud the first playing card that comes in to their mind (absolutely no force) they now write their thought of card on your second prediction.

You draw attention to a deck of cards which has been on the table since the start of the effect. The cards are removed and shown to have images drawn on the back of each one. You remove their freely named card and the card with the freely chosen image on its back.

I bet you can see where this is going!! Your spectator now opens your first prediction (the one they have drawn their image on) and it reads the 5 of clubs. When they turn over the card it is in fact the 5 of clubs!! You now state that the second prediction was even harder as the spectator could name any card. When they open prediction number 2 they see you have drawn a clock. They turn over their freely named card only to reveal a clock on the back!!!

This really is a 100% commercial routine that has been well thought out and packs a very big double punch!

How accurate is the ad copy? Spot on accurate

What's in the box? Complete With High Quality Special Deck, Plastic Symbol Card and full instructional DVD.

Key points: No Memory Work, Instant Reset, No Switching of Predictions in any way, No Sleight Of Hand Totally Self Working

How are the production values: this is pretty much Peter Nardi and David Loosley talking in a room. It's well edited and well layed out, easy to follow. This is a well put together DVD

Is it well made: the deck of cards is top notch and brought to you by the good people down at Phoenix playing cards - and it's engineered with German perfection

Is it well taught: Yes it is, it's a little under 30 minutes, but Peter Nardi is a great teacher and he really gives you all that you need to know. (but listen closely when David Loosley says to "take your time.")

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I loved that this combined my two favorites of mentalism and card magic. I loved that this is both high impact and self-working.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" all you need is the deck of cards a pen and something to write on.

Does it "play big?" I think so, I think free choice mentalism is about as powerful as you can get in magic.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) yes, this is a player. This is real world magic.

How original is this idea? Nobody else believes me, but "for me" this trick is very similar to DeTour DeForce by John Bannon

Overall score: 10/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjs7GXdU18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/