Space Time by Tom Elderfield & Murphys Magic - Review

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Space Time by Tom Elderfield & Murphys Magic - Review

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Tom Elderfield
Publisher: Murphys Magic
MSRP: $ 25
Skill Level: All
DVD Run time: 46 minutes

Type of effect: card magic moving hole routine

Manufacturer's Write Up:

In the world of physics, there are discoveries being made daily that are going to shape the future of humanity. Most of these wondrous discoveries we cannot see or feel. That is, until Tom Elderfield punching holes in playing cards and instantly moving them through the woven fibers right in front of you.

Space Time is Tom's latest marvel, where he places an open hole into a playing card, then the hole jumps around the card as if he's warping the fabric of space time itself. Unlike previous hole plots, you can clearly show both sides of the card between each phase. With a wave, it will seem as if you instantly healed those voids in the card as if you turned back the clock, restoring the card to pristine condition.

Test the boundaries of this unexplainable physical paradox as you shock your spectators with Space Time by Tom Elderfield.

How accurate is the ad copy? This is what happens

What's in the box? Complete well made gimmick and download code

Key points:

No sleight of hand required and it is fun and easy to perform.
Instant reset
Real hole in the card - see right through
No setup
Hand-crafted gimmick with attention to every detail
Online Tricks, routines, handlings and instructions included

How are the production values: Great, HD, multiple camera angles and everything you'd expect from Murphy's Magic

Is it well made: Yes, so glad I don't have to make this myself

Is it well taught: Chris Oberle runs over everything you need to know. He gives you both studio and live performances and very informative studio explanations.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Gimmick is a single card

Does it "play big?" you're warping the fabric of time! Of course this plays big. This is a real brain fryer.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) I suppose there could be some angle issues and perhaps some equivocate comes in play depending on your routine, but there are no performance or venue limitations.

How original is this idea? I first remember seeing this effect as Hollow by Menny Lindenfeld

Overall score: 9/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ZlK9H6MRY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/