Cold Case by Gregory Wilson & Murphys Magic - Review

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Cold Case by Gregory Wilson & Murphys Magic - Review

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Gregory Wilson
Publisher: Murphy's Magic
MSRP: $ 40
Skill Level: All
DVD Run time: 3 hours 40 minutes

Type of effect: deck switch utility

Manufacturer's Write Up: From shuffled to stacked in seconds - this deck-switching device is so simple in concept and execution that you can tell your audience in advance you're going to switch the deck and they WILL NOT SEE IT.

Best of all, we arm you with a precision crafted gimmick and full streaming instructions that explains TEN original routines, handlings and applications by Gregory Wilson, David Gripenwaldt, Michael Weber, John Kennedy, Justin Miller and Raj Madhok.

Plus, it makes the classics instantly accessible: perfect poker deals, color-changing decks, story packs, new deck order finale and mental miracles. Cold Case is so devious it should be criminal. Make the switch!

How accurate is the ad copy? No false claims - this thing rocks!

What's in the box? Video download code, gimmick and hard shelled box

Key points:

Instant reset
Easy to perform
Mostly angle-proof
Great for close-up or stand-up
No moving parts to wear out or break down
Pre-constructed in red Bicycle, but can be easily altered for any brand

How are the production values: Beautiful video, well shot, well mic'd - everything you'd expect from the professionals at Murphy's Magic.

Is it well made: This is a beast! Awesomely constructed.

Is it well taught: Gregory Wilson is a very generous teacher. Over three hours of instruction. The first hour and 12 minutes is teaching you switches and "how to practice"
with Chris Oberle. Then what follows is almost 2 hours of Magic Trick Routines with
Jason Brumbalow. ("Leach off Leech" is worth the entire cost of the gimmick)

The last trick "10 card poker deal" gets 30 minutes of teaching alone. Gregory finises with 15 minutes of tips and further trick ideas and this his last 15 minutes are going over Daniel Madison's "Fracture."

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): This is a utility I have always wanted, but devices of this caliber have always sold out in the past.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" it's the same size as a tuck case

Does it "play big?" Hopefully it's your magic that plays big in these instances and the "Cold Case" is your secret weapon that allows you to do the impossible.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Very real world possible, however.. it does appear to be made for right handed magicians. (of which I am not)

Overall score: 10/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUq3ixR3VRQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;​
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/