Force of Will by Dave Hooper - Murphy's Magic - Magic Trick

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Force of Will by Dave Hooper - Murphy's Magic - Magic Trick

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Force of Will
Creator: Dave Hooper
Publisher: Murphy's Magic
MSRP: $ 15
Skill Level: beginners
DVD Run time: 12 minutes

Type of effect: Card Force Plot

Manufacturer's Write Up:

There are a thousand ways to get a spectator to choose a certain card. Even today, new methods are being brought to light, even as you read this. Yet, one thing has remained constant throughout the years, the pursuit of the perfect force. Dave Hooper has refined his take on the classic force for more years than many of us have even considered taking our card magic seriously... And the result is a thing of pure beauty.

"Dave's force is the best I've ever seen. And I've seen many!" - Harry Robson

After 35 years of being a professional magician, It is today that he reveals his teachings on what some will call the greatest Classic Force, ever.

"He forced the same card on me FIVE times, and it was fair. Every time." -Chris Ramsay

If you are struggling with the classic force or are looking to refine and make it absolutely 100% undetectable and effective, then there is no alternative. The proof is inside.

How accurate is the ad copy? Pretty straight forward no false promises, this is simply a "variation" on the classic force.

What's in the box? DVD 12 minutes long

Key points: Right off the bat, I'd say this is a DVD for beginners, both in card handling and card forcing. True, there are "more in-depth" videos on both forcing cards AND the Classic Force, but this video is a good introduction for anyone just getting into it.

How are the production values: Top notch, shot in HD, good studio location, multiple angles and good microphone.

Is it well taught: It is well taught... for 12 minutes, but I'd say it's not quite enough material for any skill level to truly be "enough." It leaves you wanting more.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" This is a straight forward card force with a deck of cards.

Does it "play big?" my favorite parts were the "outs" that were taught when you "miss." In my opinion this was the best part of the DVD.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Another good part to the DVD was the "real world" practice tips that Dave offers.

Overall score: 8/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3QNAgiUgTs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/