An Unexpected Triumph by Magician's Anonymous

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

An Unexpected Triumph by Magician's Anonymous

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Magician Anonymous
Publisher: Magician Anonymous
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 6:37

Type of effect: Card Triumph

Manufacturer's Write Up:

The creators at Magician Anonymous bring you the best triumph you will ever perform...An Unexpected Triumph is truly the cleanest triumph routine possible. No false moves, no deck switches. This is what real magic looks like. To top it off, the deck does a FULL COLOR CHANGE!

Completely self-working and easy to learn and perform, you'll be able to perform this routine within minutes after watching the downloadable tutorial.

Comes with all gimmicks. NO DIY!
No rough/smooth
No deck switches
No short/long cards
No sleight of hand
No stick stuff
No magnets
No black art
Easy to perform
Self-working (the gaff deck does everything for you)

How accurate is the ad copy? I will make two corrections - the add copy says NO DO IT YOURSELF, but you will need to supply your own deck of cards and card box. You don't need to glue or tape anything, but it does not come complete and ready to go in the box. Also the add copy says "self-working" but as it's a card trick - there are "moves" involved.

What's in the box? All the "gaffs" needed to add to your normal blue backed deck. A deck of Blue Maiden backs would be the best to "match" the gaffs. Yes you could use blue rider backs, but it wont be an exact match.

Key points: Very easy to do, and the "kicker" of the color change make this an incredibly fun triumph effect.

How are the production values: single steady shot of performer sitting at a table. No live performances, no audio teaching all done by text on screen.

Is it well made: gaffs are Bicycle made

Is it well taught: barely 7 minutes of teaching, so it's super stripped down. No extras given at all. Teaching is all done through on screen text. Several of the "sentences" having spelling errors not to mention also that a few times in the teaching the "teacher" flashes.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): this effect is a "one hit wonder" meaning you can only do this one trick with the cards, also when the effect is over the deck is not examinable.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" it's only a deck of cards, nothing more or less

Does it "play big?" great triumph effect, one of my favorites

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) absolutely, you just need a table or performance surface

Overall score: 9/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_OeUe-q2M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/