REVOLUTION by Greg Wilson & Murphy's Magic

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

REVOLUTION by Greg Wilson & Murphy's Magic

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Greg Wilson
Publisher: Murphy's Magic Supplies
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 1 hour 32 min

Type of effect: feats of skill

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Spinning a small item on the tip of your finger is a visceral display of skill, control and years of masterful discipline. But, who has time for all that?

Revolution shortcuts the years of practice and allows you to look like a Shaolin Spin-Fu Master in just minutes. Spin any standard deck or standard playing card on the tip of your finger in a mesmerizing display of playing card dexterity.

Part sportsmanlike skill and part unsportsmanlike gimmick, you'll have everything you need to get instant attention, including trick playing cards for tons of routines, expertly taught by Gregory Wilson. Greg will teach you how to spin like a Globetrotter in no time.

JOIN THE REVOLUTION
90 minutes of video instruction from top pro, Gregory Wilson.
Specially designed and precision-engineered gimmick for weight, balance and spin time.
3 special trick playing cards to turn Revolution into a full magic routine.
Easy to learn, easy to do, looks incredible.
Instant Reset
Makes a stunning ice-breaker

How accurate is the ad copy? Greg makes it out to "seem" insanely easy, but in truth a lot depends on accuracy and practice. Greg even admits that with practice it will take an hour to a week to perfect.

What's in the box? The device, a few gaffs and the download code

Key points: looks like "an ability" (not magic) and will give the appearance that you got skillz for days son!

How are the production values: Great! HD, shot against a blank background, Greg is mic'd and he wears a variety of nondescript tight shirts

Is it well made: the device is super strong and will last you a lifetime

Is it well taught: over an hour and a half of instruction and tips for a "flourish" that lasts 20 seconds. Yea, Greg is a great teacher.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I liked that this gives some of us "old school" magicians a flourish that we can do that won't take us weeks to learn

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" the gimmick hides in plain sight and will blend in seamlessly and you'll actually forget it's there.

Does it "play big?" it's kind of a throw away flourish, or something you'd do for shock value. I think the people it would play the largest for are flourishers who already know the pirouette flourish.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) absolutely.

Overall score: 10/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4raCJN7XD0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/