Off Set by Sebastien Calbry

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Off Set by Sebastien Calbry

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Sebastien Calbry
Publisher: Arteco
MSRP: $ 45
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 25 min

Type of effect: reveal / revelation

Manufacturer's Write Up:

OFFSET PRINTING BESPOKE ULTRA FLASH! Just looking at pictures you will realize the impact that this effect will have on your audience. In less than a second fraction, you can produce any inscription on the back of the deck box. This amazing tool will offer many opportunities for you to customize and create your own twists for this effect.

Examples:
- Introduction by the appearance of your stage name
- Disclosure of the identity of a card chosen by the spectator
- Routine mentalism (any word, date, number ...)
- Closure by the appearance of a keyword (goodbye, thank you ...)
- Rising (draw a case and make a rising of the chosen map)

Your Imagination is your only LIMIT!

Make a HUGE Visual Impact on your audience
Multiple Effects
100% Customizable

How accurate is the ad copy? this is exactly what happens, no deception

What's in the box? 25 minute DVD, card box gimmick plenty of slates for your reveals (also a handout with the exact dimensions so that you can make your own)

Key points:

How are the production values: lots of good angles, clean environment,

Is it well made: there is some arts and crafts on your part, but only for the revelation, the gimmicked card box comes to you prebuilt and it is very well made. But Sebastien does tell you how to make a new one should you need to.

Is it well taught: My DVD was an english dub, but that didn't hinder my experience. The trick is simple enough to "get it" right away, but Sebastien takes his time with you and that feels like you get your money's worth. That said there are no real "effects" or "routines" on this DVD. This is purely a revelation gimmick and you will need to devise your own plots.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I personally would have liked a few live performances.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" only as big as a deck of cards

Does it "play big?" Animated drawing effects are always a crowd plesaser

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Absolutely! Very few angle issues with this trick, but of course it can't be handed out afterward.

How original is this idea? the rising card reminded me a lot of Martin Lewis' Cardiographic

Overall score: 9/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjdke4d5EIM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/