Red Pill by Chris Ramsay

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Red Pill by Chris Ramsay

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Chris Ramsay
Publisher: Murphy's Magic
MSRP: $ 20
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 1 hour and 30 min

Type of effect: impossible revelation

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Everything happens in their hands and in their minds!

Two effects straight from Chris Ramsay's personal working repertoire, this is something he's been using to book himself countless corporate/private events. An interactive routine which guarantees a personal connection with your audience.

RED PILL: (trick #1)

Two decks are presented to two spectators. One open pack of blue cards and one sealed deck of red ones. The sealed deck is placed within one of the spectators hands, the other spectator selects a card from the open pack, moments later the selected card has now vanished from the open pack and impossibly appears inside the cellophane of the sealed deck!

SECRET: (trick #2)

Imagine showing a spectator a sealed deck of cards, placing it between their hands and having them think of a playing card. Now imagine that the card they just thought of is now impossibly trapped and sealed inside the cellophane which has never left their hands! The best part is, everything is fully examinable and they can decide to tear it open to find out how it was done, or keep it sealed as an impossible souvenir!
Full length performances and instruction
Bonus (visual) handling
Gimmick included (some assembly required)

How accurate is the ad copy? To be fair, this trick relies on equivocate and not merely a randomly thought of card. Chris does offer an idea or two about "hitting" on the first guess, but those odds are not sure fire.

What's in the box? this trick is available as a download or as a DVD with a single card gimmick that will work for either a blue or red USPCC rider back deck. However, should you opt for the download, this gimmick can be found in several popular gaff decks.

Key points: this is a very creative and highly marketable effect that Chris has expertly streamlined for all ages.
How are the production values: top notch, shot in high def, very well filmed, lots of angles, clean environment and Chris is fun to watch. (I totally want his hat)

Is it well made: the gimmick does require some arts and crafts on our part, but it's not hard at all - in fact I have done similar get-readys very easily on other 'sealed deck' tricks. Vey easy to put together. Just know that if you choose to give the gimmick away as part of your closer, you will have to make a new one for every performance. And even though this is the more expensive avenue, it's going to create the strongest performance. The good news is you get to keep your gimmick.

Is it well taught: Even though Chris probably could have explained the effect in about 25 minutes he goes over an hour and a half explaining every nuance.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Nothing larger than a deck of cards is used.

Does it "play big?" This trick will get you shouts, screams and phone numbers

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Absolutely, slap this in your pocket and you are good to go - very little angle issues.

Overall score: 10/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUNd9mpv7a0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/