Nametag by Agus Tjiu

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Nametag by Agus Tjiu

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Agus Tjiu
Publisher: Tjiu Magic
MSRP: $ 45
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 43 minutes

Type of effect: multiple card prediction utility

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Introducing, the latest in magician gear. A new must-have item for all performing magicians. Great and unlimited effects in a seemingly innocent item. A prop that can be handed out for examination before and after the routine. ESP prediction, Card Prediction, Card transformation, Card transposition Magician's imagination is the limit, Gimmick can be personalized with your own picture and your own name, Easy to modify, Step by step instruction on the DVD

How accurate is the ad copy? "Easy to modify" means "easy" to personalize with your name and photograph. You won't be able to make your own predictions. The add also seems to imply that there are endless and unlimited possibilities with this gimmick - I don't agree. You are "limited" to the predictions that Agus gives you.

What's in the box? DVD, gimmick and lanyard + four Bicycle printed prediction cards:

1. Hand written ESP prediction card (all symbols)
2. Printed ESP prediction card (all symbols)
3. Hand written card predictions 8C, KH, 6D, 3C, 5S
4. Card Face predictions 8C, KH, 10S, 7D, QS, 5H

Key points: The DVD is in Korean with broken English subtitles

How are the production values: Lacking, the flashy wipes and graphics are meant to distract you from the fact that this is just the performer standing against a blank wall with a tripod setup. The DVD has no live performances, or any performances with spectators.

Is it well made: It's incredibly well made and with care could last you forever. You purchase either a red or blue backed gimmick, but for the money it's the difference of 2 cards, it would have been nice to include both red/blue for each performer.

Is it well taught: Again, it's in Korean with English subtitles. There are no other special angles given.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" It's only the lanyard which hangs around your neck.

Does it "play big?" The idea that it can reveal "any" spectator's selection, even after they change their mind is a great effect.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Yes it can be done in the real world with some practice with the gimmick. The gimmick has a technical aspect that will require some familiarity.

How original is this idea? This "technology" has been used in a few tricks I've seen on the market lately.

Overall score: 8/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1_mcbswSaw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/