The Ultimatum Deck - by Steve Brownley - Alakazam Magic

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Steve Brownley
Publisher: Alakazam
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 1 hour and 42 minutes

Type of effect: Trick deck / forcing deck

Manufacturer's Write Up:

The Ultimatum Deck is easy to use yet allows for some world class card effects including:
- Repeat Card At Any Number (The holy grail to many and now you can perform it with 2 spectators)
- 3 Choice Cuts (3 Cards are selected and lost back in to the deck. Now take a step back as a forth spectator cuts to all 3 selections!)
- Luck And Intuition (This one is a mind blower, 2 spectators cards are found. The first is at a freely chosen number and the second is found by a spectator tossing a card in to the deck and you dribble them on to the table)

How accurate is the ad copy?Accurate

What's in the box?The ultimatum deck along with the download code for the teaching video

Key points: The Ultimatum Deck comes complete with custom deck and online video instructions. Awesome card magic that's easy to do and totally mind blowing!

How are the production values: Moderate, this DVD isn't anything special, but it gets the job done.

Is it well made: The deck is a standard bike deck (with some built in features)

Is it well taught: It's chiefly Steve Brownley talking to Mark Elsdon through the first 3 effects at a table with a curtain in the background (that's the first 40 minutes) The next half of the download is the original video that was first released before this deck was sold by Alakazam. This half of the video was shot in a backroom at a magic shop with dim lighting. Both videos have multiple angles and teach through the "conversation method" where the teachers work it out by talking to each other. The later video is considerably longer has more tricks and more tips and handlings.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I liked how easy it was to pick up and begin to use. This is an "entry level" product than can do "expert level" magic.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" It's the size of a deck of cards

Does it "play big?" You can do some seemingly advanced card work that teeters on the edge of "wow." Ironically this deck plays BIGGER as a Magician-fooler than lay people, because you can literally do things that don't make sense.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Absolutely, I think with a little practice, anyone could get comfortable using this deck.

How original is this idea? Granted there is not a lot of new ideas in card magic, so this deck is based on an older principle, but with a new twist.

Overall score: 9/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287wZ_O7JXo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/