Reloaded by Dani Daortiz

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Reloaded by Dani Daortiz

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Dani Daortiz
Publisher: Essential Magic Collection
MSRP: $150
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 10 hours

Type of effect: Full Course in Card Magic

Manufacturer's Write Up:

DANI DAORTIZ RETURNS WITH A NEW SELECTION OF ASTONISHING MAGIC! Dani DaOrtiz reveals the real secrets of professional card magic. From self-working miracles to psychological mysteries. Dani's routines are renowned for their entertaining plots and ingenious methods. A true card star. Dani DaOrtiz RELOADED is an Spanish language 4 DVDs Box Set, subtitled in English, Spanish, French and Japanese. Shot in HD at the Estúdio33 in Portugal by Luis de Matos Productions.

DISC 1 | 100% DAORTIZ
7 routines (performance in Spanish, explanations in English)

DISC 2 | FASCINATIONS
Extensive chapters and multiple routines on: HANDLING THE DOUBLE, TRIUMPH
MY STACKED DECK, C10 SYSTEM (pdf inclued) and GENERAL CARD magic.

DISC 3 | PSYCHOLOGY
Divided in four major parts: EXPECTATIONS, FAN FORCE, FISHING & the MAGICIAN'S CHOICE

DISC 4 | SEMI-AUTOMATIC
9 STUNNING SELF-WORKING CARD TRICKS & 7 NEW FAVOURITE ROUTINES. All self working tricks you never thought were possible.

How accurate is the ad copy?
Does not do it justice - you get all this and so much more.

What's in the box? 4 DVDs

Key points: 30 routines, new astonishing magic, real secrets, entertaining plots, ingenious methods,

How are the production values: Top notch. Multi camera angles in live performance and explanations. Dani even changes his shirt on each disc, so you always know which disc you're watching. Explanation videos have spectators and even multi window shots. Well filmed, well microphoned.

Is it well taught: detailed multi camera explanations, four languages with interviews and fantastic extra content (including two massive PDF files for offline reading)

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

I went into this thinking that I would not be able to do a lot of the magic on the discs and while it is true that Dani's skill is far superior to most living humans, there is a lot here for all skill levels. In fact the very first card trick Dani does - is he shows you how to force a card onto 5 different people - and yet the card is literally not in the deck and all you have to do is riffle the edges of the deck!

My favorite two discs were the "Psychology & Semi-Automatic" DVDs. In Psychology Dani explains magic theory which is the "why" behind his performance style. On this disc Dani explains so much of his posture, deck handling and even his patter which is so extremely helpful and I will be adopting much of this to my own routines.

The Semi-Automatic DVD is one of the best self-working card magic discs I have ever seen and is worth the price of the entire set.

Overall score: 11/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2qvxcHJZjs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/