Hole 2.0 by Mickael Chatelain

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Hole 2.0 by Mickael Chatelain

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Mickael Chatelain
Publisher: Gimick Magic
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: all

Type of effect: card pass through card effect

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Spectators are more and more skeptical these days; they need to see in order to believe! With HOLE 2.0, your spectators will still not believe what they have just seen!

Take out your deck and spread the cards between your hands. Right in the middle of the deck you discover two cards that are a bit different. First, their backs are of a different color than the rest of the deck and they also have a quarter-sized hole in the middle.

Take out the two cards and allow them to be thoroughly examined. Your spectators will see that, apart from the holes, the cards are absolutely ordinary.

Next, take the top card of the deck and spread out the two examined cards.

With no false moves or manipulation, the card (the six of clubs) is slid between the two cards with holes. Everything happens under the nose of the spectators, inches away. Everything is clean, nothing suspicious to ruin the illusion.

Show that the six of clubs remains mostly visible from front and back.
Tell you spectators not to blink and to concentrate on the six of clubs.

Hold the three cards firmly between the thumb and forefinger of each hand.
Concentrate! Although absolutely impossible, the six of clubs passes through the lower card and lands on the table. Matter through matter in full view and under the very eyes of your spectators!

Immediately hand out all three cards to be examined at the leisure of your spectators.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, can be found. The three cards are perfectly normal! How is this possible?

How accurate is the ad copy? This description is 100% faithful to each step of the trick.

What's in the box? DVD and four cards

Key points:

The gimmick, and a gimmick there is, is truly diabolical! The cards are examined before and after the trick. Believe me, no one will find the method used. Easy to do, the "secret" takes care of everything! The card is genuinely sandwiched - no optical illusion, however it escapes as if by magic! DVD and gimmick included.

How are the production values: DVD comes in French and English, DVD shot in a white clean environment, but the audio feels a little echoy.

Is it well made: the gimmick is insane, never would have thought of it in a million years.

Is it well taught: Mickael does a good job teaching and he even offers solutions to handing out all of the cards for examination

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Perfect Packet trick, only a few cards are used. However, if you want to be able to have the gimmicks examinable you will need to ring in fresh cards from a standard deck.

Does it "play big?" Terrific optical illusion, what the spectator sees is a straight forward impossibility

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) This trick is set up perfectly for walking around, strolling and street magic

Overall score: 9/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za9A8jv5QoE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/